Honored Contributor

Re: Salary You Need to Afford the Average Home in Your State

@I am still oxox wrote:

@dmod nj

Ha I live one town South of Scardale, less cost and attitude here 

@dmod nj wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

I live in NY, and the $91,000 is an aerage since upstate is much cheaper than Scarsdale

Hi @I am still oxox  I have family in Scarsdale.   What you posted is so true! Taxes alone are a killer! 

LOL LOL Clearly, you've met my family. LOL  I'd live  in your town, too. LOL LOL   

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@dmod nj

My folks lived in the "Scarsdale PO" but  E___chster town services, which was great for them

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@dmod nj

My folks lived in the "Scarsdale PO" but  E___chster town services, which was great for them

Best of both!!  I hear ya! 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

State wide averages are useless. Every state has their large cities and rural areas with vastly different demographics. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

In my state of Colorado there are several world-famous ski resorts and towns. The prices of homes in those areas are in the multimillions. That really skews the average price of homes when you look at the rest of the the state. But with the pot business and satellite businesses booming here, this means lots of very expensive homes are being sold to those prospering in those areas. Business is booming here, like they say, and housing prices are reflecting that here.

Among the local natives of Aspen, it's pretty much a well know fact that the billionaires have been squeezing out the millionaires there. The millionaires can no longer afford to live there like they used to. So they leave.

Esteemed Contributor

@CelticCrafter - Not to mention NJ taxes.

Respected Contributor

I live in WA State.  I would say that if you want to buy a home in Seattle area, you'd need at least 6 figures in salary.

On the other hand, the eastern side of the state is more affordable.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero