Esteemed Contributor

And to suggest "sleeping on the floor"!!! If you cannot accomodate with sleeping quarters, that means GO TO A MOTEL or stay home.

Respected Contributor

I will never understand how people have this kind of gall.

im so glad you handled it the way you did.

I deal with a similar thing, some self inviters with a dog who also expect to be entertained, asking " so what are we doing tomorrow".Then the dog had diarrhea all over my laundry room where she was keeping her dog, on my brand new floor. That was the tipping point . I moved the guest bed out of the spare room and put it down in the warehouse, and made the spare room a sitting room with cozy chairs. Now when they invite themselves and their dog, they stay down in the warehouse 😈

Frequent Contributor

Lord bless you.  It's so wonderful you and your husband are taking care of mom.  I would let the sil leave you voice mails in the future, then you can "accidentally " erase them.

Regular Contributor

YOU DID WHAT IS RIGHT FOR YOU, DON'T GIVE IT A SECOND THOUGHT, IT'S YOUR HOME.

Super Contributor

Good for you for taking a stand!

I'm facing something similar. My Brother In Law (who I can't stand; he is not very nice to me) "announced" that he is coming to visit and bringing a distant cousin of him and my husband. He didn't ask; he just told us that is what is happening. My husband and I are going back and forth on this. Its his cousin, yes - but I've never even met the guy. 

I have absolutely no desire to have the two of them here. I'm not going to cook for them and I really don't even want their company.

I'm stuck - my husband doesn't want to say now. I do. I am not the least inclined or motivated to do anything accomodating for my BIL and the cousin might as well be a stranger off the street to me.