Honored Contributor

@julie811 wrote:

Hello everyone -

I'm new to this qvc community room.  Who was cardinal gir and what happened to her?

Thank you for responding.

Julie

Hi Julie she was a long time poster who posted here and on the Home Foums(most especially there). Great decorating style...this is where we really enjoyed posting together...I too love our home. She had battled breast cancer twice if I recall correctly and seemed to be doing so well. She loved to entertain and cook.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Regular Contributor

This news makes me so sad.  She was a lovely woman who was talented and kind. She will be greatly missed.  I wish peace and comfort to all who love her.

CH

Valued Contributor

This is very sad news.  I was just thinking about her the other day, wondering why she had stopped posting.  I always enjoyed her posts, as well as the pretty pictures she posted.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

So sad to hear this. I remember her well.  I also enjoyed her lovely decor at Christmas and some of her other posts as well.  Thinking of her family today and said a prayer.  May she rest in peace.

Regular Contributor

Condolences

❤️

Respected Contributor

As I posted earlier, we connected on FB.  There is a lovely obit with her picture.  I've seen other obits posted on this board, if you think it's appropriate, I could post the name of the town, and you can search her local newspaper.

Esteemed Contributor

@muttmom  ...

I would love to see her obituary ... I remember her posting a pic of herself outside the St. Louis Basilica church, with snow falling ... it was a beautiful photo ...

Honored Contributor

The way she confronted her breast cancer was inspiring...

So sad to hear this!

I recently found out my best friend in high school passed away from cancer. None of her HS friends knew she was ill.

Her sister told me that she didn't say goodbye to anyone, she was positive she would beat it - even in hospice.

Cardinal Girl seemed to be equally as determined and strong.

Respected Contributor

Her hometown was where I went shopping every week from my former hometown so we were "neighbors" and we connected over that years ago.  I did read her obituary and it was lovely and her photo was beautiful. I am sure she would have been pleased that even her love of the Cardinals was noted.

Rest in peace.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@SoX wrote:

@muttmom  ...

I would love to see her obituary ... I remember her posting a pic of herself outside the St. Louis Basilica church, with snow falling ... it was a beautiful photo ...

@SoX 

Back in the 1960s and 70s there was a variety show on Sunday night.  The man's name was Ed and his last name is the same as the town where Cardinal Girl lived.  If you know her, you know the state.  Google the town, state newspaper and you'll find the newspaper.  It is easy to find the obit.  She once told us her first name was the same as one of the prettiest songs KISS sang.

Hope this helps.