Honored Contributor

Thank you so much for posting this. I too, remember Cardinal Girl and am so very sorry to hear of her passing.

We often have people 'disappear' from these forums, and wonder how they are or what they are doing (or if they simply changed their nic). 

She will be missed here, very much.

Respected Contributor

Just saw this and am very sorry to read the news that Cardinal Girl has passed on.  She loved her life, her husband and family, her home, their trips in their little classic car - and yes - her Cardinals. 

May she rest in peace and may those she leaves behind be comforted with warm memories of the times that they have shared.

Respected Contributor

SweetWoodMax, also want to say hello to you, to thank you for sharing the news with us, and to wish you well. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@ShowMe wrote:

@SweetWood Max......I now have a different computer and somehow your e-mail didn't make it on it.  dooBdoo has it, and she would give it to you if you ask her.  Oh how I wish we could talk......so much has gone on.  I too am battling cancer.....for the last 1 yr., 8 mos.  

Guess that is why it has hit so close to home tonight. 

@ShowMe

I'm so sorry to hear that you're also battling cancer and I can certainly understand how hard the loss of your friend to the same disease must've hit you.

My sincerest prayers and healing thoughts go out to you and you beating your cancer!

Smiley praying angel.GIF

@KingstonsMom.......Thank you so much for your sweet post.  Some time today I am going to have to look up her posts on her returning cancer......as I was not aware of that.  So sad that such a sweet person had to go through what she went through.  Am sure she had the same feelings I have......to fight the cancer and win.  She was a trooper in so many ways..

Honored Contributor

@ShowMe wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@ShowMe wrote:

@SweetWood Max......I now have a different computer and somehow your e-mail didn't make it on it.  dooBdoo has it, and she would give it to you if you ask her.  Oh how I wish we could talk......so much has gone on.  I too am battling cancer.....for the last 1 yr., 8 mos.  

Guess that is why it has hit so close to home tonight. 

@ShowMe

I'm so sorry to hear that you're also battling cancer and I can certainly understand how hard the loss of your friend to the same disease must've hit you.

My sincerest prayers and healing thoughts go out to you and you beating your cancer!

Smiley praying angel.GIF

@KingstonsMom.......Thank you so much for your sweet post.  Some time today I am going to have to look up her posts on her returning cancer......as I was not aware of that.  So sad that such a sweet person had to go through what she went through.  Am sure she had the same feelings I have......to fight the cancer and win.  She was a trooper in so many ways..

@ShowMe

I truly mean it and I know that I may not need to say this, but I truly hope that you are able to keep you own spirits up regarding your battle, while still grieving the loss of your friend.

I had a very unexpected loss of a very close loved one recently and I know how easy it is to lose sight of taking care of ourselves, when grieving.

Please don't forget to take care of you!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Hi SweetWood Max. I remember her and you. I was wondering why she hadn't been posting pictures of her home. Like others, I always enjoyed seeing them. It makes me very sad to hear that she's gone. I've had quite a few friends and family pass away far too soon. My heart goes out to her family. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend too. Thank you for letting us all know. Take care.

Honored Contributor

Oh NO!!!!  @SweetWood Max, thank you for letting us know.... What a sweet person she was, gorgeous pictures and loved her Cardinals..  

For our CardinalGirl.....  RIP friend.. you will be dearly missed...

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

No!  That's horrible. I remember her posting photos of her decorations and home projects. She owned rentals and had a daughter. I always thought she was very pleasant and was a positive influence on the board. I vaguely remember hearing something about an illness but not that it was terminal. Wow, how terribly sad. My condolences. She'll be missed 

Honored Contributor

I just saw this terrible news.  I'm so sorry to read the news that CG has passed. 

She was one of the kindest people I met on this board.  She LOVED her family, her beautiful home and her Cardinals.

We loved to chat about baseball.   We spent many post seasons rooting for our teams.  She joined in many of my  baseball threads.

May she rest in peace.   May her family/friends be comforted by their memories.

Thank you maxsgrandma for sharing this news.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

OMG, I am so very sorry! I didn't know she'd been ill! She seemed to stop posting after her DGD became very ill.

My condolences to her family.

If you know, how is her DGD?

What us a dgd? Dog? I see abbreviations and rarely know what they mean. Or is this a typo?