Respected Contributor

Re: Sad end to a wonderful day

Deepest condolences for your loss. 

Respected Contributor

So sorry for you loss.  I'm sure her children are devastated.  I lost my father to cancer when I was 26, he was in his mid-50's too.  The pain never totally goes away.

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry about the news you received.  A coworker of mine lost a battle too and I think of the times she came to work when she wasn't feeling well.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I said a prayer for you today and also for your friend's family.  I am sorry for your loss.

Respected Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

I'm sorry about the news you received.  A coworker of mine lost a battle too and I think of the times she came to work when she wasn't feeling well.

I also am sorry for the loss of your friend.  A coworker of mine blew off all her mammos and GYN appointments.  One day she was bent over in pain and called 911 and dx with ovarian cancer which she actually beat but never went for her mammos.  Less than a year later dx with Inflammatory Breast Cancer and this time she was not so lucky.  She chose to continue working through chemo and radiation.

I battled breast cancer but mine was after retirement and I don't think I'd have been able to emotionally handle working while living from appointment to appointment and the exhaustion and sickness that goes with this wretched disease.  

Esteemed Contributor

I’m so sorry for your loss. And thanks for the reminder to be checked. A close friend in whom I confided about my husband’s cognitive impairment just lost her husband who had a sudden fatal heart attack. I recall our conversations about long marriages. Little did I know she would be widowed so soon. All the more reason to treasure each day.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Goodie2shoes  I'm so sorry to hear of your former coworker's passing.  Try to remember the good times you shared.  It's difficult when we lose someone close to us.Smiley Sad  I'm still shocked over my girlfriend's passing in December.  I see her face so clearly most everyday and still have the last text from her on my phone.  I have the photo of her, her husband and all their grandchildren the family sent out at Christmas time.  It has a special place on my display shelf.

I pray for your strength to stay ahead of your sadness.  It's a process we travel through one day at a time.

God bless you friend and her family.  What pain her children need to endure, so sad.

Honored Contributor

cancer is a horrid disease and will be eradicated

My DD had cancer 2 yrs ago and every year she has to have body scan every year I worry.