Respected Contributor

After spending my usual 2 1/2 hours babysitting my busy 2 year old grandson today which I love so dearly,  as I'm driving home I received a call from a former coworker telling me another former coworker passed from breast cancer.  I am so devastated. Since I retired a year and a half ago, I spoke with my late friend who informed me she had breast cancer and was starting chemo. I had been praying for her every morning during my daily prayer time including this morning and last heard she had returned to work. I tried to reach her one day but her line was busy and had not had a chance to speak with her again.  I thought she had recovered but she apparently was back off work again after a month and had been in hospice per my former coworker. So to all of you ladies, make sure you get your yearly breast exam and if you find a problem before your exam is due, get to the doctor. I had a scare a few years ago but everything turned out well so I make sure to follow up yearly.  My friend was only in her mid 50's and a wonderful person who will surely be missed. So sad

Honored Contributor

Re: Sad end to a wonderful day

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

After spending my usual 2 1/2 hours babysitting my busy 2 year old grandson today which I love so dearly,  as I'm driving home I received a call from a former coworker telling me another former coworker passed from breast cancer.  I am so devastated. Since I retired a year and a half ago, I spoke with my late friend who informed me she had breast cancer and was starting chemo. I had been praying for her every morning during my daily prayer time including this morning and last heard she had returned to work. I tried to reach her one day but her line was busy and had not had a chance to speak with her again.  I thought she had recovered but she apparently was back off work again after a month and had been in hospice per my former coworker. So to all of you ladies, make sure you get your yearly breast exam and if you find a problem before your exam is due, get to the doctor. I had a scare a few years ago but everything turned out well so I make sure to follow up yearly.  My friend was only in her mid 50's and a wonderful person who will surely be missed. So sad

@Goodie2shoes

Sad for you and your friend.

This awful disease has taken way too many of us way too soon.  

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Valued Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

I am so sorry @Goodie2shoes. That is devastating news. I lost my good friend from cancer not too long ago so I know what you are going through, you have my deepest sympathies! 

I think your post is a great reminder. Sorry for the reason though. :heart

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

Irshgrl31201 wrote:   I am so sorry @Goodie2shoes. That is devastating news. I lost my good friend from cancer not too long ago so I know what you are going through, you have my deepest sympathies! 

Thanks to all for your condolences. irshgrl31201,  so sorry for your loss as well.  I knew my friend for 17 years, she was a dedicated worker, 2 children in their twenties who loved their mom so my heart goes out to them.

Esteemed Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

I am so very sorry you lost your dear friend to that hateful disease.   I lost three of my closest and dearest friends to breast cancer and miss them everyday.  Your friend was way too young, so sad.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

How sad. Sorry for the loss of your friend.

Trusted Contributor

@Goodie2shoes So sorry for your loss. Another reminder for us to schedule an appointment for a mammogram. I’ve been getting the 3- D mammogram since 2015. 

Honored Contributor

So sorry about your friend.  It sounds like she was in a late stage of the cancer and it was too late for treatments to help.  It is very sad.  There is so much cancer today but if it is caught early there is a greater chance of beating it.  She is with the angels now and looking over you in peace.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I have had a few scares and surgeries myself, 

Related image