Respected Contributor

Sad day in history: 20 years ago: bombing of Atlanta's Centennial Olympic Park :(

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sad day in history: 20 years ago: bombing of Atlanta's Centennial Olympic Park :(

I remember that very clearly.  Then the wrong man got blamed and it ruined his life. Poor guy.  Authorities rushed to judgement.

It's good not to forget the innocent victims of the perpetrator after all these years.  Thank you  @Pandalady

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

Re: Sad day in history: 20 years ago: bombing of Atlanta's Centennial Olympic Park :(

Boy, do I remember the bombing. We were driving to Atlanta. We had tickets to numerous events at the Olympics. The bombing happened the night before we arrived.

We went to the Park the first day it opened after the bombing. We saw Jesse Jackson, we were guessing that he made a speech. But those were the days before Iphones. And sometimes you didn't know what was going on, until someone told you or you heard it on the news. And because we had tickets to lots of events we were rarely in our room. We were trying to get to all the different venues.

It was so sad. The entire incident. The poor people hurt by the bomb and the the poor guy who was charged with the bombing. And he died at a young age. It was so sad.

Respected Contributor

Yes I do remember - it was horrific. Sometimes I think I have lived so long and there have been so many horrible things happen on this earth that I must make an effort to also remember the good things which happen - sometimes that is difficult.

Super Contributor

I remember that night.  Can't believe it's been 20 years ago. I was working in the ER of a metro Atlanta hospital.  We went on Code Gray and had to take quite a few of the patients.