Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sad and tragic reminder.....

I am so sorry for that loss. Not only chocolate but onions, grapes and raisins are also toxic if dogs ingest them. Thank you for the reminder. I have four rescue dogs and you can not be too careful.

Super Contributor

On 12/25/2014 grandkidsrgreat said: So sorry. Life is fragile. Thanks for the reminder to love and cherish our fur kids each and every day we are blessed to have them with us.
Grandkidsgreat--thank you. And you are so right: life is fragile, and in so many ways. We, too, are so blessed to have our two and I am very grateful for them.
Super Contributor

On 12/26/2014 qualitygal said:

Sooooo sorry, I'd be devastated and heartbroken too. I try so hard to be sure nothing hits the floor that shouldn't. My little one is quicker than I am and it's all her plate or area she thinks.

Thank you so much qualitygal.....
Super Contributor

On 12/26/2014 mominohio said:

This is just heartbreaking. Many people are so unaware of the many "people foods" that are harmful to our pets, and a reminder is always a good thing, I'm just so very sorry that the reminder had to come to us in this manner.

mominohio--Thank you, and you are so very right about we humans often being unaware or uncertain if what we've heard is accurate (i.e. chocolate is toxic to dogs). Sadly, reminders in life can indeed happen through unintentional means, accidents, etc. Your words are so appreciated!
Super Contributor

On 12/26/2014 Matty6 said:

I am so sorry for that loss. Not only chocolate but onions, grapes and raisins are also toxic if dogs ingest them. Thank you for the reminder. I have four rescue dogs and you can not be too careful.

Matty6--Thank you so much for your reminder and info: I was unaware of onions being toxic to dogs. What kind of rescue dogs do you have?! We have a rescue terrier mix and she has been so awesome!!!! :-)
Respected Contributor

Hello, lucylover64 and welcome. Smile

I'm very sorry that happened.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Super Contributor

On 12/28/2014 NC Bandwagon said:

Hello, lucylover64 and welcome. Smile

I'm very sorry that happened.

Thank you for both, NC Bandwagon....

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry for the loss of their pet but how did the dog get ahold of the chocolate? It is sad that so many people should not have pets because they are careless and irresponsible. How much chocolate did the dog ingest before they found out?? Please tell whole stories instead of snipets!!!! I see so many people that should not have pets because they do not realize the challenges and care that pets need.

Super Contributor

I am so sorry about this, how sad. Not only food items, but plants. Holly berries and pointsettialeaves are toxic.
Valued Contributor

I am so sorry to hear this.

We try to be very careful with chocolate in our house, but I know that accidents can and do happen. I have kids so its especially challenging to remind them constantly that if they are eating anything that they have to be VERY Careful.