Super Contributor

Re: Sad-They think they found the body of missing boy

I'm sorry for your loss. It's so hard to comprehend or say the right words. I'm very sad for you and your family but as another person said the pain is over. I hope your great=grandson is happy and in peace now. 

Trusted Contributor

So sad; poor little guy.

And how typical that the lynch mob mentality has already judged and found the father guilty with barely any facts.   Disgusting, really.     

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@grandma r  Just wondering about something. I've known 2 people with autistic children and never heard that they are drawn to water. The two kids I knew weren't and one especially disliked pools, beaches, etc.

Where does this information come from? Just curious.

My daughter has an ASD (autism spectrum disorder) and I can't say overall she was more drawn to water.  I think children in general are drawn to it.

But my neighbor's grandson had severe autism.  When he was there, he would spend 95% of his time playing in their birdbath.  He did many dangerous things, like run across the street.  One day, some neighbors behind us returned him from their house.  He had just walked in, and he did many dangerous, impulsive, things.  We returned him from across the street many times.  And they were aware and vigilant with him.  It only takes a second.

I did not follow this story, but since I have experience with autism, I feel awful and don't necessarily blame anyone just yet.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

yes, my grandson is also autistic and one of his  therapists  recommended swim lessons early on as they are drawn to water...At leas tthat is where WE heard it...

We did the same with my daughter because no matter what we said about danger, she was impulsive about it.  Took her to many swimming lessons!

Hyacinth

Esteemed Contributor

@HBJ wrote:

My five year old autistic great-grandson drowned five months ago.  No one was blamed for the accident.  

I am so sorry to hear of your loss.  I just can’t imagine what you and your family are going through.  My heart goes out to you.

Regular Contributor

HE HAS BEEN MISSING 5 DAYS OR MORE

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

So very sad  Smiley Sad

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

HBJ,so sorry for your loss.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Regular Contributor

It is so sad what we are letting happen to children today in this country. Everyday there is another story of abuse and worse. Lets all pray for the most vulnerable in our society and the true loves of our lives.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

Our news station said last evening that dad was with a female friend at the park.  My guess is a new love interest.

From day  one I suspected that dad had a hand in the disappearance.  

@Carmie, me too. From the first time I saw the father speaking about his missing son.  No one is that non chalant about their child being missing.