Valued Contributor

Sad-They think they found the body of missing boy

Just saw on MSN that they found a body and they think it is the autistic boy from NC. Sounds like he was found in a ditch. Hope they find who did it and bring them swiftly to justice. Poor baby. My heart is hurting for him. Just hope he didn't suffer.

cookin

Honored Contributor

Re: Sad-They think they found the body of missing boy

[ Edited ]

Tragic. And sadly, no surprise. I find it hard to believe that 2 grown, able bodied men can't outrun a 6 year old boy. Very very fishy. Something's rotten in Denmark. Poor little child. Woman Sad

Esteemed Contributor

Another tragic story about a child.  Autistic people are drawn to water;  why wasn't that area searched first????

I pray there is nothing fishy about this, but, I don't know.

My deepest sympathy to the family.

Honored Contributor

Precious child. He’s with Jesus now and will no longer suffer. 🙏🏻 And may justice be served.

Honored Contributor

@grandma r  Just wondering about something. I've known 2 people with autistic children and never heard that they are drawn to water. The two kids I knew weren't and one especially disliked pools, beaches, etc.

Where does this information come from? Just curious.

Esteemed Contributor

The dad said the child would run ahead of him --- well dad, u should have put a harness on him to be sure he's safe. Where was MOM???? Soon - we'll be hearing of the father's arrest.

Respected Contributor

i'll tell you what confuses me. if the boy found was only missing for what...2 days, why is it so difficult to identify the body? 

yes, i understand that they found him in water and all, but it's not like he was submerged for a month. 

and it was a man made lake, so there weren't any sharks or piranha. sad. sad.

Respected Contributor

It is sad but for numerous reasons, the recovery of the body was needed.  Without it there could never be closure.  There would always be that thought, maybe he was kidnapped.

This morning it  sounded as though some thought the child never entered the park with his father.  No one could confirm they ever saw the sweet child.

There are still many questions.

I pray this little angel was not frightened and did not suffer.

Honored Contributor

What has the man said that was supposedly walking with the father and his son?  I haven't heard anything about that.  This story wasn't on the news tonight.  The news was only about 10 - 15 minutes long because of the Senate hearings.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I get the feeling the parents are not together as a couple, and that dad was in the park with another female.   I think he got distracted talking to the person with him and this is when the little boy had the opportunity to run out of his sight.   

I have also waited to hear that the referred to jogger, might realize they did in fact see the little boy, and contact police with information that could help.

I am leaning towards this was dad’s weekend visitation and he and his new girlfriend took the boy to the park.   

@kittyloo, identity may have been immediate by clothing, male 6 year old, etc., but with the warm temperatures and him being in water, there is obviously decomposition.   Police also have to determine what happened and how he came to be in this ditch to begin with.