Respected Contributor

Re: Sad Story Re: Local Radio Personality

On 1/15/2014 terrier2 said:
On 1/14/2014 ennui1 said:
On 1/12/2014 Love my grandkids said:

Let's see, you called the station to complain...yet you continued to listen to him?

Exactly.

It's all about ratings.

The article I read said that Bauerle consented to a psychiatric evaluation and was released, back on the air today.

Update -

Yes, he is back...claiming he is totally healthy and sane.

Meantime, two other radio jocks said that he had gotten into a dispute with their bookkeeper and he came back with a gun at his waist.

I know a woman who just quit working there...she said he was packing at work and acting very irrationally...she quit after management told her that he had a license and could carry at work or anywhere else he wanted to...the station actually paid for him to bring two busloads of people to a SAFE protest.

I would NOT want to work somewhere with a guy who was allowed to carry his gun at work (unless I worked for law enforcement!).

It is not easy for anyone to get a license to carry a gun. They have to pass all kinds of tests. Looks like the law enforcement knows what he is saying is a fact.

Honored Contributor

There are evidently no boundaries to what radio ""personalities"" and their ""fans"" are currently encouraged to say on mass market radio stations. Also no such thing as respect and/or good taste. This crudeness is definitely bipartisan.
Honored Contributor

And WHO might this radio personality be?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

On 1/16/2014 croemer said:

And WHO might this radio personality be?

Tom Bauerle - WBEN AM

The info was in the links...

Esteemed Contributor

If this man were being destroyed by cancer, he'd not be treated this way. Unfortunately, all too often we don't treat mental illness as a disease. This guy has clearly crossed the line from provacative shock jock to paranoid schizophrenic. If he acts upon his delusions, then the authorities will get involved. It's very sad...and scary.
Honored Contributor

I have been getting a big Orange banner telling me my time is up.

Wonder if it means my TIME is up?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

On 1/16/2014 Vivian said: If this man were being destroyed by cancer, he'd not be treated this way. Unfortunately, all too often we don't treat mental illness as a disease. This guy has clearly crossed the line from provacative shock jock to paranoid schizophrenic. If he acts upon his delusions, then the authorities will get involved. It's very sad...and scary.

What do you mean by "treated this way"?

When I called the station and spoke with the program director, I told him I was concerned about Tom's state of mind. It isn't living in realty to think the guv of the state is targeting you with spies and spending $40,000 a day to follow you around.

I didn't call to make fun of him - I know him (and the program director). I have worked with both of them.

The station sees his current situation as a way to make $$$ and raise ratings.

Trusted Contributor

I listened to the tape and there's something really wrong with this guy. I hope he gets the help he needs.

Honored Contributor

On 1/16/2014 Deb1010again said:

I listened to the tape and there's something really wrong with this guy. I hope he gets the help he needs.

Deb -

As an outside observer, I think you can see why I felt I had to call his boss! Too bad he wasn't concerned...the incident with the police happened about a week later.

Honored Contributor

I just can't figure out how this guy got through a psyche eval. without them spotting a problem.