Respected Contributor

Re: Sad Story Re: Local Radio Personality

It is a well known fact that if a group of people does things daily to a person and that person is aware of their actions...it will effect that person. Yes, we all know a human can be driven insane by others.

Honored Contributor

Let's see, you called the station to complain...yet you continued to listen to him?

Honored Contributor

On 1/12/2014 Love my grandkids said:

Let's see, you called the station to complain...yet you continued to listen to him?

Yes.

I know him and I used to work at the station when it was a much classier place. I have become appalled at what has happened there. I am not the only former employee to worry about it - it has been a topic of conversation for a long time among us.

I listen sometimes when I am driving. The segment of the show I posted here had been removed from his podcasts by management...but someone taped it (they were THAT concerned) and posted it locally. So management obviously knew something was wrong...that was the only segment not available online. I actually sat in my car and listened to the entire segment as it happened...it sounded like listening to a nervous breakdown.

His behavior has gone off the rails for the last few years...even his appearance has changed drastically. He went from clean cut - crew cut actually - to looking like Curt Cobain.

He has said numerous times on air that he can't sleep...another classic sign of a breakdown. He has said that if anything happens to him or it appears like a suicide, blame the guv.

Yet his fans continue to say that he is right...he is being watched and harassed by the guv of NY State and others because he speaks the truth. He is becoming a martyr.

Very sad.

Respected Contributor

On 1/12/2014 terrier2 said:
On 1/12/2014 kdgn said:

And no one seems to be disturbed that this man has a loaded weapon? He seems to be a danger to himself and definitely a danger to others.

This is really beyond sad-

The police took away the gun he was patrolling his backyard with. He refused to give them his other guns and promised he would turn them over to his lawyer. I don't know if he has done that yet.

His lawyer is just as nuts as he is. He says that homeland security and our guv are trolling people's records looking for mental health problems, going to their homes and taking their weapons. He says it is a HUGE secret and will take down the USA gvt. soon.

Meantime...people are on his FB page telling him to stand up to his oppressors.

Obviously this guy is a dangerous paranoid who should not be on the air but his claim does have some basis. My state is considering a law that will not allow persons with recorded mental health illnesses to obtain a gun license (in light of recent tragedies). The concern with passing the law is that government officials will need access to private health records in order to enforce said law. It is horrible that the station is allowing, even encouraging him to expound on something like this without the concern for his welfare, the welfare of his listeners or the public. Sad.

Respected Contributor

It sounds like he's been slowly descending into schizophrenia. That is very sad, especially since a public figure has to do it in front of thousands.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

On 1/12/2014 sophiamarie said:

That sounds exactly like the guy who was on Dr. Phil this past week. An attorney, paranoid about being spied on - although he admitted he took drugs up until 6 months ago and tested clean for the show. Dr. Phil tried to explain that it was the effects of the drugs but he didn't buy it. He agreed to get counselling.

I saw part of that and that man said that is why he took the drugs .... to calm him down because of the harrassment. DUH! He saw nothing wrong in what he was doing. He was scary to me.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

On 1/13/2014 Topaz Gem said:

It sounds like he's been slowly descending into schizophrenia. That is very sad, especially since a public figure has to do it in front of thousands.

I have been on another, local board discussing this.

It is true that he deserves privacy...this must be a terrible time for his college age kids.

But this is a guy who brought busloads of anti-SAFE people to an Albany rally. He has encouraged people to fortify themselves and arm up. He said people must be prepared to fight back if there is a knock on your door....ask questions later.

Now his obvious psychological problems (paranoia) are being used to show how SANE he is...how it is true the guv is out to get the little guy and he is being tailed in an attempt to silence him.

In the tape, he says that NY State is trying to "get him to shoot someone", to prove the SAFE Act good...which is why his neighbors have called police 12 times in the past 2 months.

His listeners are buying into his delusions and encouraging his behavior!

Respected Contributor

On 1/13/2014 terrier2 said:
On 1/13/2014 Topaz Gem said:

I have been on another, local board discussing this.

It is true that he deserves privacy...this must be a terrible time for his college age kids.

But this is a guy who brought busloads of anti-SAFE people to an Albany rally. He has encouraged people to fortify themselves and arm up. He said people must be prepared to fight back if there is a knock on your door....ask questions later.

Now his obvious psychological problems (paranoia) are being used to show how SANE he is...how it is true the guv is out to get the little guy and he is being tailed in an attempt to silence him.

In the tape, he says that NY State is trying to "get him to shoot someone", to prove the SAFE Act good...which is why his neighbors have called police 12 times in the past 2 months.

His listeners are buying into his delusions and encouraging his behavior!

Conspiracy theorists come out of the woodwork when they find a leader. I was deeply disturbed after Charlie Sheen's 9/11 theories were made public and many posters right here supported his theories. To some people, conspiracies make sense and give them something to follow.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

I understand getting angry at his supporters but why didn't authorities hold him for a psych evaluation?

Honored Contributor

On 1/13/2014 bikerbabe said:

I understand getting angry at his supporters but why didn't authorities hold him for a psych evaluation?

They did...he went to a local hospital for an evaluation. Remember, he called the police at 2AM in the midst of last week's blizzard and said a tree was actually a spy for the NY guv...and other crazy things.

They took away the gun he was using as he patrolled his backyard (in a BLIZZARD), but he refused to turn over the rest of his arsenal....so they convinced him to go to the hospital.

He was back at work as usual on Friday...this story broke in the paper on Sunday and Entercom hasn't said a word.

If he shows up for his usual 3PM shift...who knows what will happen???

I don't think this is a big publicity ploy...no one sane would call the police in a blizzard the way he did.