Honored Contributor

Re: Sad News: Pat Boone's Wife, Shirley, Has Died at Age 84

Sorry to hear this; She and Pat were such a a wonderful example to others; strong faith and devoted to each other’s for so many years.
Respected Contributor

yes, sad news. i know Pat and the family will find strength in their faith.

Respected Contributor

I found where the two of them put out a 7-CD set that appears to be possibly spoken word of advice and music.  Debbie Boone's hit song is on it.  "God's Promises for Your Every Need".  Oddly it lists only him as the artist but her name is on the label with his.  Released in 2017. 

Honored Contributor

I think they loved each other deeply and lived a beautiful life together. Such a beautiful love story. I wish him comfort and peace.

Respected Contributor

I happily admit to having been a Pat Boone fan. His voice was wonderful.  "Love Letters in the Sand" was one of his early records.  I was just a pre-teen girl, but knew what appealed to me!   

His is one of the very few show biz marriages that lasted until death parted them.  ❤️  Shirley will be missed. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Many years ago, a friend and I went to Church on the Way in Van Nuys. That was Pat Boone's church. He was there and invited some of us to his home in Beverly Hills. His daughters were young then and Pat and his wife Shirley were so nice and down to earth. Pat told us that he wrote the words to Exodus - and he sang it for us.  He let me take his pic - which I still have. It's funny but I was thinking of them just a week or two ago. I realized that I haven't seem them in a long time. So sorry about Shirley's passing. They had one very long, happy marriage.