Trusted Contributor

Re: SUspect arrested in stabbing death of two nuns

@terrier3  I am  certain you mean well in your post because I have read your other posts. .  We as a country have traveled down a very difficult path.  Forgiveness has now become a New Age Mantra that shakes, rattles and rolls.  It no longer has a meaning that makes any sense at all. I have the four Rs that must be undertaken before forgiveness is bestowed, Repudiation, repentance, restitution and redemption.  People must want to be forgiven and undertake the difficult journey to make things right.  The way that many religions now portray it is an empty, meaningless gesture that is like a dangling participle. However, I have a saying, and please do not take this the wrong way, one must be careful not to be too open minded to allow ones brains to fall out.  Or a different take, Aesop, no amount of kindness can bind the ungrateful.

It is a tragedy worthy of a Greek play is it not?

Esteemed Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

Some people are just EVIL.

I Know what you mean @YorkieonmyPillow, I feel the same way about the ten year old girl in New Mexico who was brutally murdered by her own mother and other family members.

OMG.  I haven't read or heard about that either.  Dang.

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@itiswhatitis  I didnt say there was an article about the religious affliation.  I said I hope I am wrong that wasn't the reason.  Seems so many being crucified for their religious beliefs. I haven't heard the whole story.  Just bits and pieces.

I don't think it's a good idea to speculate about religious convictions?  Not a good idea. It could snowball into a thread closure @BalletBabe.

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@itiswhatitis  I said I hope it didn't.  I also don't feel I said anything wrong.  I think mods would have deleted it if I did.   You are the only one that seems to have a problem with it. 

Esteemed Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@itiswhatitis  I said I hope it didn't.  I also don't feel I said anything wrong.  I think mods would have deleted it if I did.   

I can see why you would say this, since you're the one who posted it.  I disagree w you, but it's all good.  

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@itiswhatitis  I didnt say there was an article about the religious affliation.  I said I hope I am wrong that wasn't the reason.  Seems so many being crucified for their religious beliefs. I haven't heard the whole story.  Just bits and pieces.

I don't think it's a good idea to speculate about religious convictions?  Not a good idea. It could snowball into a thread closure @BalletBabe.

I would add that I don't see that as true in this country.

Honored Contributor

@Deanie wrote:

@terrier3  I am  certain you mean well in your post because I have read your other posts. .  We as a country have traveled down a very difficult path.  Forgiveness has now become a New Age Mantra that shakes, rattles and rolls.  It no longer has a meaning that makes any sense at all. I have the four Rs that must be undertaken before forgiveness is bestowed, Repudiation, repentance, restitution and redemption.  People must want to be forgiven and undertake the difficult journey to make things right.  The way that many religions now portray it is an empty, meaningless gesture that is like a dangling participle. However, I have a saying, and please do not take this the wrong way, one must be careful not to be too open minded to allow ones brains to fall out.  Or a different take, Aesop, no amount of kindness can bind the ungrateful.

It is a tragedy worthy of a Greek play is it not?

V ery few people can live up to Jesus' standards - he forgave the people who put him on a cross.

I admire people like Father Joe, Sister Karen and the two nuns just murdered. They are stronger, better, more charitable than most of us are or ever could be.

Their "brains didn't fall out" due to forgiveness...they acted as Jesus did - with their hearts.

Trusted Contributor

@terrier3  Very nicely spoken.  I do not ascribe to be this magnanimous.  Sometimes, in some instances I admire those that do.

Esteemed Contributor

I am sooooo sick of this type of senseless violence!

That poor old 83-year-old woman in GA who was beaten and set ON FIRE during a home invasion, finally passed away.....

They set her on fire and she put herself out with water from her OXYGEN TANK.......!

She passed away Saturday......

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/news/local/crime/article98617467.html

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Noel7 wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

I would add that I don't see that as true in this country.

@Noel7 You don't think this thread would close down if it went on a religious bend?  I do.  I thought it was a no-no here.  That, along with politics.  Oh well.  Just a thought.

*Call Tyrone*