Honored Contributor

Re: SUZE ORMAN podcast offer

@Kalli 

Open a savings account at another bank with a different ID and password. Use that account just for the $100 a month deposit. That way you won't expose your other banking accounts.

I have three banks, one is close to my home that I use for depositing the occasional check and for cash. The second in which I keep nearly all my money, the third I use for paying bills online. I keep a small balance in it, about $50, and transfer money from the second bank to it to cover the bills when I pay them. I have a different ID and password for each bank. 

Frequent Contributor

I am not a fan of hers
Respected Contributor

@Kalli wrote:

I recently started listening to Women and Money podcast. Decided to take advantage of her Savings Account offer of depositing $100 each month and at the end of 12 months, Alliant rewards me by adding $100 to my account. 

I'm hoping someone here has done this and can answer my question: How did you deposit your initial $100? The application is asking me for my own local bank's log in and password to access my current bank account to get this initial starting deposit?? Did u do it this way?

~~~~~~~~~~

@Kalli 

GREAT YOU ASKED HERE 1st!!

DONT EVER GIVE OUT YOUR PASSWORD!!  ** ESPECIALLY!!*

Even my own Bank doesnt ask for my Password, of my own Accts with them.  Ever!  And if my Bank did ask, I wouldnt give it to them!!     (esp over the phone, in person, or online) to ANYONE, not even my Bank!!

WHEW!!  *hugs*  @Kalli 

Honored Contributor

@MakeUpMaidn 

Your bank doesn't need your password because they already have total access to all your accounts, your SS number, and birth date.

The outside entity that will reward you with $100 if you deposit a $100 each month for a year, needs access, ID and password,  to verify that you fulfilled the requirements. They are not asking for your SS or birth date. Once they deposit the $100 reward, you can change your ID and password or just close your account.

Respected Contributor

*NOBODY*    gets *any* of my Bank Accounts *PASSWORDs*

*NO ONE*    *NO HOW*   *NO WAY*

Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@Kalli 

Open a savings account at another bank with a different ID and password. Use that account just for the $100 a month deposit. That way you won't expose your other banking accounts.

I have three banks, one is close to my home that I use for depositing the occasional check and for cash. The second in which I keep nearly all my money, the third I use for paying bills online. I keep a small balance in it, about $50, and transfer money from the second bank to it to cover the bills when I pay them. I have a different ID and password for each bank. 

~~~~~~~~~~~`

@Kalli 

And MAKE SURE when you open this NEW ACCOUNT, that you DO NOT HAVE to give this NEW ACCOUNT your SOCIAL SECURITY CARD number!

Because with Access to your new Bank Acct #,  & new Bank Acct Password, *they* now have ACCESS to EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU, that you gave the bank to open that account. 

And anything they want to "run on you."  esp with access to your Social Security Number.

And as far as I know, Social Security Adm, does not give out NEW SSNs,  for a "mistake," unless perhaps unless a person is newly in some kind of "Witness/Identity Protection Program"

When your important info it gone, ITS GONE  And who knows where it goes after yr original info is shared.

Honestly, I cant imagine *Suze Orman*  (one of the original, "Ms "Women need to protect themselves, their Retirement accts, & their Incomes")  then, expecting, insisting on access to any person's Account #, & Password (other than maybe Suze's Wife, of 13 yrs)  . 

Something smells here!!

Honored Contributor

@MakeUpMaidn 

I just signed into one of my banks, clicked onto my personal information. My SS and birth date were not included. Perhaps your bank lists them, but why would they? 

Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain 

Hmm.  
Well, Im pretty sure, when I opened my Bank Accounts, I had to give my SSN to open the Bank Acct.. 

And sometimes, when I have to verify it's me when I call my Bank, my Bank asks me for the last 4 digits of my SSN for Identification, before they give me  my info that I called them to get abt my account..

Maybe other Banks, handle their own customers, & those customer's acccounts differently.

Trusted Contributor

Don't ever do anything like that! She's bad news and got into a lot of hot water a few years ago. Bad news!

Honored Contributor

Nooooooooooooooooooo