Respected Contributor

I recently started listening to Women and Money podcast. Decided to take advantage of her Savings Account offer of depositing $100 each month and at the end of 12 months, Alliant rewards me by adding $100 to my account. 

I'm hoping someone here has done this and can answer my question: How did you deposit your initial $100? The application is asking me for my own local bank's log in and password to access my current bank account to get this initial starting deposit?? Did u do it this way?

Respected Contributor

Re: SUZE ORMAN podcast offer

ASKING YOU FOR YOUR PASSWORD????

Don't do that.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

sounds like they want to TAKE the money from your account instead of having you decide to deposit into theirs.  Even if you authorize auto pay, they don't need your password to do that.  Don't do it!

Frequent Contributor

Sounds like a huge red flag to me!  DO NOT give out this personal info.  Perhaps some hacker has attached themselves to this podcast.

Esteemed Contributor

I wouldn't give out information. You should have been able to set up the Alliant account (the bank used in Suze Orman's offer) and transfer the money without giving them your bank's password.

I'm not a fan of Suze Orman anyway (various reasons) so I'm not about to check into this. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Trusted Contributor

Just a quick Google of Alliant Credit Union shows a pretty good reputation.  You can enroll directly from their website to avoid possible mallard from Suze Orman's podcast.

But first I would Google alliant credit union suze orman complaints (or reviews) and see if there's anything negative.

When you go to their website to enroll, there's a place to submit a question.

Esteemed Contributor

No one, ever, should ask for your user name and password.  Never!

You set up an automatic payment on your bank site easily.

Some sites do seem to need you to set up the payment on their site, like my medical insurance, in which case they will need your account and routing numbers.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kalli wrote:

I recently started listening to Women and Money podcast. Decided to take advantage of her Savings Account offer of depositing $100 each month and at the end of 12 months, Alliant rewards me by adding $100 to my account. 

I'm hoping someone here has done this and can answer my question: How did you deposit your initial $100? The application is asking me for my own local bank's log in and password to access my current bank account to get this initial starting deposit?? Did u do it this way?

Be very careful. I know in the past there was controversy surrounding Suze Orman pre-paid debit cards. Google for further info.

Never give your password to anyone. Banks are offering higher rates...check them out.

Honored Contributor

if you are depositing the $100 each month into your personal bank account, they would need your ID and pass to check that you actually have deposited the $100 each month and that it has remained for the entire year. 

Respected Contributor

Thanks everyone for your responses. I didn't feel right about giving them access to my local bank account.  So I never finished the online  application.

I see they've sent me an email asking that I complete it.  I have to do more research but I'm not giving them my pw.