Honored Contributor

Re: SUZANNE SOMERS COMING TO QVC

@Bri36 wrote:

She won't last long...

She's probably contracted for X number of months or X number of appearances, but watch and see if her appearances start being in the overnight hours and no other times after a few months. That's the Kiss of Death for a line on QVC.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

Well, as someone who DOES know her, I believe that people are allowed to have opinions, whether they know her or not.  I don't see any angst - just people sharing  thoughts and opinions.  I doubt anyone here is kept up nights thinking about any of this.

Preach, I said the very same thing about another celebrity, and the hand wringing was actually quite funny to watch.  I follow her on FaceBook and she always responds to my questions or comments.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Suzanne Sommers is a really nice person.  I have met her, and a friend lived near her old home in malibu,and knew her fairly well.  I can't say I love her clothes and many items.  Weird, they look good on her though, as she really does wear them in real life.  But all her hawking items aside, she is a nice person.  I dont think she is full of herself.  This is her livelyhood, not acting,so she really does work hard.  I dont think anyone can accuse her of being a sloucher. I bought her first book on healing and enjoyed it.  After that it kind of got out there for me.  I have to say this, since I live in California !lol, I can say many people are into radical healing and holistic healing.  I have a neighbor who healed herself with a pyramid hat and gems and crystals.  to each their own.  Suzanne really believes her medical methods, so she isn't lying.  But I think people have just read, research, hold on to their money until they are convinced they really want to try something.  That said, Having had cancer and choosing to buck tamoxifen and other treatments, I would never, ever recommend what I did to anyone else.  I can tell people what I chose to do, but never say it is a good choice for anyone else.

She has been into holistic healing and products for years.  That is her personal thing.  I have hard many great things about her skin care.  But i have never tried it.  I am happy with mine and don't venture away very often for new products.  Skincare is a loyalist product.  People either hate a product or love it.  Frankly, I feel many people don't give products time to work.  It takes 3 to 6 weeks for some products to really work as advertised.  Most pack it up and return after 1-4weeks. Of course most vendors don't tell you this.  They say you will look better instantly, lol. Of course this isn't always true.  If a person is dehydrated a new product may smooth and hydrate instantly...but t o really work ( if they are capable of working)..  It takes time.  Jmho

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shoekitty wrote:

Suzanne Sommers is a really nice person.  I have met her, and a friend lived near her old home in malibu,and knew her fairly well.  I can't say I love her clothes and many items.  Weird, they look good on her though, as she really does wear them in real life.  But all her hawking items aside, she is a nice person.  I dont think she is full of herself.  This is her livelyhood, not acting,so she really does work hard.  I dont think anyone can accuse her of being a sloucher. I bought her first book on healing and enjoyed it.  After that it kind of got out there for me.  I have to say this, since I live in California !lol, I can say many people are into radical healing and holistic healing.  I have a neighbor who healed herself with a pyramid hat and gems and crystals.  to each their own.  Suzanne really believes her medical methods, so she isn't lying.  But I think people have just read, research, hold on to their money until they are convinced they really want to try something.  That said, Having had cancer and choosing to buck tamoxifen and other treatments, I would never, ever recommend what I did to anyone else.  I can tell people what I chose to do, but never say it is a good choice for anyone else.

She has been into holistic healing and products for years.  That is her personal thing.  I have hard many great things about her skin care.  But i have never tried it.  I am happy with mine and don't venture away very often for new products.  Skincare is a loyalist product.  People either hate a product or love it.  Frankly, I feel many people don't give products time to work.  It takes 3 to 6 weeks for some products to really work as advertised.  Most pack it up and return after 1-4weeks. Of course most vendors don't tell you this.  They say you will look better instantly, lol. Of course this isn't always true.  If a person is dehydrated a new product may smooth and hydrate instantly...but t o really work ( if they are capable of working)..  It takes time.  Jmho

I guess we all have our own opinions, but SS and I have some friends in common, so I see her socially, going back many years.  I also have worked with her several times.  I've always found her to have an out-of-control ego, and she has little tolerance for people who don't outwardly adore her.  As long as she's being fawned over, she's fine.  But if not, she can be very difficult and childish.  She expects to be constantly adored.

She & Alan have some "interesting" business practices, and she is laughing all the way to the bank.  I'll leave it at that.

Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

I won't be buying a thing from Suzanne Somers.....doesn't matter where she sells her wares these days.  Might be good for many who like her products though.

Happy shopping.

@itiswhatitis  Her organic skin care line is really wonderful!  You might just watch when she is selling this. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

I won't be buying a thing from Suzanne Somers.....doesn't matter where she sells her wares these days.  Might be good for many who like her products though.

Happy shopping.

@itiswhatitis  Her organic skin care line is really wonderful!  You might just watch when she is selling this. 

@SeaMaiden I don't watch the Q.  I have no intentions of watching Susanne Somer's either as I am not in the market for a skin care brand change.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

IMG_1001.JPG

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

Related image

*Call Tyrone*
Respected Contributor

In light of her "enhancements"I think the only thing she is qualified to give advice on is how to stay married for 40 years! No easy task.

Respected Contributor

I'm glad she's employed, but this news does not interest me.