Honored Contributor

Re: SUZANNE SOMERS COMING TO QVC

@straykatz wrote:

@code99 wrote:

She was on HSN, then evine, now QVC!

There are several that have been on more than one of the shopping networks.  I remember her on HSN and the chemistry with her and Coleen and then bam....no more shows with Coleen.... and Suzanne was paired with several different hosts but each pairing seemed strained and then she was gone from their network.  She was bleeped a lot - I do remember that.  I have no idea what happened between her and Coleen but whatever it was it was the beginning of the end.  

No one really knows what happened.  I do think Suzanne was super hurt as Colleen almost refused to work with her.  Suzanne, in a passive/aggressive teasing way basically stated that on air many years ago.  She laughed about it, but I could tell there was something behind her words.

I remember one time Colleen was working with her after she hadn't worked with her the last few visits, and Suzanne said it to Colleen and then Colleen just laughed and blew it off.

I think Colleen was over doing every show with her, and I also think her line had gotten so crappy and Colleen was developing her own line.  I"m sure there was far more to it than that.  That's just my speculation.  They had to have had some kind of falling out.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

I won't be buying a thing from Suzanne Somers.....doesn't matter where she sells her wares these days.  Might be good for many who like her products though.

Happy shopping.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

I got the feeling Colleen just got too busy and couldn't be paired with Suzanne. Colleen was given her own line of clothing and jewelry that was called My Favorite Things back then.  She also was given the opportunity to have Silver Gallery and she said she personall worked to get those vendors and pieces there. I think she just had too much of her own stuff going to do every show with Suzanne.

I remember they started to pair her with Chris Scanlon and that was a mess.  I never got the feeling that Suzanne and Colleen were that great of friends.  I also remember the time Suzanne got on Colleen for wearing red because it wasn't a "Suzanne" color.  I think Suzanne was a pain.     

Respected Contributor

Well, I'm actually shocked....her products have been seen for decades. Not happening

Trusted Contributor

In short, no, just no!  I went through all of the years with all of the drama she brings with her on HSN. Suzanne is her own worst enemy and there is a formula she and Alan go by. Just like on Three's Company, they mistakenly thought she was the star, and we all know what happened after that. 

The same thing with HSN.....after she gets comfortable and thinks she can made ridiculous demands, she finds out rather quickly that she isn't worth the trouble and they get rid of her. She demanded to work with Colleen exclusively after Steve and Colleen had her hands full trying to handle her with every other word bleeped. As far as Evine, I don't think she got the attention she thinks she is worthy of, so it doesn't surprise me that she sought out more "face time." 

As far as her books, they were basically rip offs. They were based on interviews from doctors who actually went to medical school, but as time went on, she would almost have you believing SHE went to medical school. Aside from the M.D. who sued her, she had many furious with her for pretending she knew about things she didn't. 

It will only be a matter of time before she shoots herself again in the foot. I do have a few pieces of her jewelry from her days on HSN, ( they have remarkably held up very well) but lost all respect for her when she proved she can be less than honest and be totally fine with that. There are many other lies she has told that have not been mentioned, but I will leave it at that. 

Esteemed Contributor

I won't be watching.  She is difficult to watch for any length

of time!  Her voice is grating....and she is pretty full of herself!!

Honored Contributor

QVC keeps choosing vendors who were fresh decades ago, and they just keep cranking out the same-old same-old.

Respected Contributor

She won't last long...

Honored Contributor

The good news? Nine months after her debut, all of her merchandise will be on clearance at half price for those who want it.

Infomercials - bt;dt

HSN: Ditto

Evine: Ditto

QVC: Soon to be ditto

Nothing else left but website, or -

IknowIknow! Starting her own shopping channel. Alan will buy it for babykins.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I mean no disrespect but QVC has for me has become the channel where brands dump their clearance items off to unsuspecting customers.  So many items are last years offerings and forget about it with their electronics.  I miss the old QVC where you could find new and interesting products and not the clearance rack that for me they have become.