Respected Contributor

Re: SUZANNE SOMERS COMING TO QVC

When I see close-up pictures of her face, I wouldn't buy anything she's selling.  She looks awful.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@HisElk wrote:

I have no interest in any of her stuff.  She hops around to various channels; after Q, what's the next one going to be?

No thanks.

@HisElk1

Larry King's infomercial. . .

Respected Contributor

I thought it was great that she had survived cancer, but I thought her stuff was too high. The other thing is that I am sure that she has had "help." in maintaining her natural beauty. She does look fantastic for her age.

It wasn't just from using her products--which she sort of implies. I don't really think I like that

Perhaps she'll come up with something else for the Q.

She isn't the only one who migrated over from evine: Toni Bratton is also now on Q.

I think it's sad that I know this.

Trusted Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@shoekitty wrote:

Suzanne Sommers is a really nice person.  I have met her, and a friend lived near her old home in malibu,and knew her fairly well.  I can't say I love her clothes and many items.  Weird, they look good on her though, as she really does wear them in real life.  But all her hawking items aside, she is a nice person.  I dont think she is full of herself.  This is her livelyhood, not acting,so she really does work hard.  I dont think anyone can accuse her of being a sloucher. I bought her first book on healing and enjoyed it.  After that it kind of got out there for me.  I have to say this, since I live in California !lol, I can say many people are into radical healing and holistic healing.  I have a neighbor who healed herself with a pyramid hat and gems and crystals.  to each their own.  Suzanne really believes her medical methods, so she isn't lying.  But I think people have just read, research, hold on to their money until they are convinced they really want to try something.  That said, Having had cancer and choosing to buck tamoxifen and other treatments, I would never, ever recommend what I did to anyone else.  I can tell people what I chose to do, but never say it is a good choice for anyone else.

She has been into holistic healing and products for years.  That is her personal thing.  I have hard many great things about her skin care.  But i have never tried it.  I am happy with mine and don't venture away very often for new products.  Skincare is a loyalist product.  People either hate a product or love it.  Frankly, I feel many people don't give products time to work.  It takes 3 to 6 weeks for some products to really work as advertised.  Most pack it up and return after 1-4weeks. Of course most vendors don't tell you this.  They say you will look better instantly, lol. Of course this isn't always true.  If a person is dehydrated a new product may smooth and hydrate instantly...but t o really work ( if they are capable of working)..  It takes time.  Jmho

I guess we all have our own opinions, but SS and I have some friends in common, so I see her socially, going back many years.  I also have worked with her several times.  I've always found her to have an out-of-control ego, and she has little tolerance for people who don't outwardly adore her.  As long as she's being fawned over, she's fine.  But if not, she can be very difficult and childish.  She expects to be constantly adored.

She & Alan have some "interesting" business practices, and she is laughing all the way to the bank.  I'll leave it at that.

It was telling the way John Ritter and Joyce Dewitt refused to have anything to do with her after the dust up on Three's Company. They pretty much said the same things you wrote and even though John graciously accepted her apology before he died, the relationship was never the same on his part. She gushed on and on about what great friends they were after his death on HSN and any other show that would listen to her. 

All of the behavior you described is exactly how she acted on HSN and I always felt sorry for Colleen every time she had to "do the drill" each time she was on with SS. 

Valued Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

IMG_1001.JPG

There are many 65+ year old women who live near the southern CA beach who look just like this. Similar blond hair with roots colored darker, athleisure clothes, fit bodies, aging skin, similar make up and enhancements. Aging is inevitable for all of us if we are lucky enough to experience it. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

fortune wrote:

When I see close-up pictures of her face, I wouldn't buy anything she's selling.  She looks awful.

Exactly....she's not a very good spokesperson for her own products.  She has had facelifts and I don't care what she says.  There are a plenty before and after pictures out there.

Image result for Suzanne Somers Botched Plastic Surgery

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jewel3 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

IMG_1001.JPG

There are many 65+ year old women who live near the southern CA beach who look just like this. Similar blond hair with roots colored darker, athleisure clothes, fit bodies, aging skin, similar make up and enhancements. Aging is inevitable for all of us if we are lucky enough to experience it. 

Precisely. Point being, it's not "special" or glamorous - nor does all the organic skin care in the world "fix" it, because if it did, SS wouldn't look so run-of-the-mill-aging beach baby like thousands of other women.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

Suzanne will be 71 this year according to google and hopefully will be able to retire soon and enjoy her time off with her husband and family. Don't know why she continues to work,,,sad that she is still subjected to such harsh criticism at every turn.  

Trusted Contributor

Wonderhat she will try to sell this time,good not looking to watch ever.