Contributor

Re: SUZANNE SOMERS COMING TO QVC

[ Edited ]

@Q4u wrote:

I'm sorry.... absolutely can't stand the woman and refuse to support her.

I feel the same way. She has pushed biomedical hormones for menopause and risky "natural" treatments for cancer with ZERO medical credentials. The medical community--even holistic doctors--have criticized her for advancing dangerous treatments for people who are seriously ill.She's also obsessed with looking young and advocates taking a gazillion vitamins daily--it feels so desperate. OVC should not support someone like her IMO.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pandalady....hey sweet friend.  Hope you are doing well.  I'll watch too, just don't think I'll buy anything cause I'm staying with my "Andrew" Lessman, lol.

Honored Contributor

I dont think SS has ever been on the Q before. She actually began on HSN working with host, the late Steve Cheney. When Steve became ill is when she began working with Colleen. She and Steve made a great pair, he was extremely funny and witty.

Honored Contributor

SS is not someone I put on a pedestal nor someone I detest or dislike. I feel neutral about her, but I do admire her as a strong Woman.

I do think she Stays true to her convictions as far as healthy food and lifestyle. I do believe she walks HER talk.  If you do not care  for her alternative beliefs on nutrition so be it.  BUT Many people do, Enough to make her many top selling books best sellers that she has written over the years so, SOMEONE IS BUYING THEM and her organic skin care line has good reviews.  

I think she looks great for almost 71!  I only Hope I have her energy and spunk in 10 years when I am 71!    I do not care what she might have had done surgically or otherwise....Most vendor of beauty products do SOMETHING and never admit it.  

She has a great voice and is very talented as far as acting and preforming. 

Most  people who do not care for her for whatever reason can not say she is not a talented multi tasking professional with an impressive Career.

Here is her career in a nut shell.  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzanne_Somers

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

REMEMBER:

She has pushed very dangerous ideas about cancer and lied about support from an MD a couple of years ago.

I can't believe QVC is foolish enough to have her here.

@Noel7  They are only VERY DANGEROUS IDEAS if you believe in mainstream medicine and not Alopathic medicine. Many things in mainstream medicine are VERY DANGEROUS  and kill many people. 

Respected Contributor

I liked to watch her when she was on HSN with Colleen Lopez. Her costume jewelry line was gorgeous.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

REMEMBER:

She has pushed very dangerous ideas about cancer and lied about support from an MD a couple of years ago.

@Noel7  They are only VERY DANGEROUS IDEAS if you believe in mainstream medicine and not Alopathic medicine. Many things in mainstream medicine are VERY DANGEROUS  and kill many people. 

@SeaMaiden

Not believing in science is dangerous. 

SHE LIED.  She publicized support from an MD who didn't support her dangerous methods.  The MD sued her.

SHE LIED, she said she had never had plastic surgery until she was caught leaving the office of a plastic surgeon wearing bandages.

Honored Contributor

The HSN hosts complemented Suzanne perfectly.  I wonder who she'll be paired with at Q.  I think they'll be hard-pressed to match the chemistry at HSN.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

REMEMBER:

@SeaMaiden

Not believing in science is dangerous. 

SHE LIED.  She publicized support from an MD who didn't support her dangerous methods.  The MD sued her.

SHE LIED, she said she had never had plastic surgery until she was caught leaving the office of a plastic surgeon wearing bandages.

Your beliefs and you can own them.  We can have a differing of opinion. Have a great Sunday. 🙂

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SeaMaiden

We all know that even aspirin is dangerous.  But tell me, do you never see a medical doctor or a dentist? 

If you're having a heart attack, would you not call an ambulance to get yourself to an ER?