Esteemed Contributor

Re: SUZANNE SOMERS COMING TO QVC

@missy1 wrote:

SS is funny to watch. When she was only paired with queen host Colleen (HSN), it was LOL. Then they had a falling out. She also generally had one host all the time with her on Evine-(terrible host Kimberly Wells).

Most of their hosts are bad on Evine, except talented and beautiful Heather HallI wish she would come the Q!!!!

I don't listen to SS health info. I like when she sold food, clothes and jewelry on HSN. Vitamins and skin care are boring to watch, imo. SS crazy dh would just pop in on air.lol. The cooking segments and blending the vitamin drinks were entertaining mess. SS items are overpriced, but someone is buying them. Good luck SS on coming to  QVC! Oh plastic surgery or not SS looks good for age 70.

@missy1...wow, I heard rumors that there were some bad feelings when she left HSN, but had no idea she had a fallen out with Colleen.  Do you know what happened exactly?

Honored Contributor

I wonder if Qvc will use that filter that blurs her image...lol  Evine used it, just for her and it was ridiculous.  

Esteemed Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@shell garden  Add me to the small list that like Suzanne.  I don't purchase her vitamins - much too pricey when you can get good quality elsewhere.  I do like to listen to her when she talks about them though and her beauty products.  She isn't the dumb Chrissy that she played on TV years ago.  I have read all her books and learned alot from them.  Her books are based on interviews with many, many alternative doctors.  They are extremely interesting.  I have learned a lot about hormones, thyroid issues, bladder infections, and cancer from her books.  These opinions are from conventional doctors that have chosen to take a different approach to medicine .  They weren't seeing the results with mainstream medicine or they were seeing too many side effects from the Big Pharma meds.  Suzanne does share her experiences.  She doesn't claim to be a medical person, but she has put in the hours of interviewing and reporting what she has taken away from them in her books. 

Hey, she is in great shape, has survived cancer, has a husband she loves (and he loves her), children and grand children, a successful business, and is doing what she loves.  Most likely, QVC made her a better offer or maybe promised her more air time.  She wasn't on Evine that often.  She is a shrewd business woman so I am sure the move involved economics......why else are you in business?

@tends2dogs....wonderful post.  I enjoyed reading this and thank you.

Honored Contributor

@shell garden wrote:

@missy1 wrote:

SS is funny to watch. When she was only paired with queen host Colleen (HSN), it was LOL. Then they had a falling out. She also generally had one host all the time with her on Evine-(terrible host Kimberly Wells).

Most of their hosts are bad on Evine, except talented and beautiful Heather HallI wish she would come the Q!!!!

I don't listen to SS health info. I like when she sold food, clothes and jewelry on HSN. Vitamins and skin care are boring to watch, imo. SS crazy dh would just pop in on air.lol. The cooking segments and blending the vitamin drinks were entertaining mess. SS items are overpriced, but someone is buying them. Good luck SS on coming to  QVC! Oh plastic surgery or not SS looks good for age 70.

@missy1...wow, I heard rumors that there were some bad feelings when she left HSN, but had no idea she had a fallen out with Colleen.  Do you know what happened exactly?

I don't know what actually happened. But from one point on , Colleen never worked with SS, again.

Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@shell garden wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

Well I guess she has hit the shopping channel trifecta . . . to be honest I am kind of surprised that QVC is bringing her (back?) on board as so many of her shows have to be bleeped because she makes so many unsubstantiated claims.  She must make serious coin and my sympathies to whomever is responsible for working the "dump" button . . . Smiley Happy

@momtochloe...honestly, I was surprised too.  I didn't know she first came to QVC.  I only first started watching Suzanne when she was on HSN and was really, really surprised when she left there and went to Evine.  There were lots of rumors about her leaving HSN in not a good way.

@shell garden I'm not sure if she was on QVC first ( @hennypenny was wondering the same thing) but I do remember my first purchase from her.  It was a set of three allegedly SS rings with faux pearls which was very cute but tarnished the second they came out of the bag . . . I thought we would never stop laughing as it was back in the day when you could still expect consistently good quality from shopping channels . . . oy.

I do find her endlessly entertaining when she is on the air but she is a handful and I agree I don't think she left under pleasant circumstances from HSN.  I never followed her skincare but did enjoy her cooking and food shows.

@momtochloe...lol, great post.  Yes, I am sure alot of her jewelry tarnished as one of mine did...oh well.  I didn't follow her skincare either, but her food shows were entertaining.  Hey, maybe she and David will show up "In the kitchen" together soon, lol.

Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

REMEMBER:

She has pushed very dangerous ideas about cancer and lied about support from an MD a couple of years ago.

I can't believe QVC is foolish enough to have her here.

@Noel7...hi and yes, I also have heard some controversial remarks about her books and I am really quite surprised she is coming here, but wish her well.

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I wonder if Qvc will use that filter that blurs her image...lol  Evine used it, just for her and it was ridiculous.  

@chrystaltree....I have never watched EVINE...don't get the channel except on the Roku, but never interested in watching it.  But, "filtering her image"?  wow.

Respected Contributor

@shell garden wrote:

OH DEAR.....I didn't realize alot of you do not like her or her products.  Oh well, lol.......

@shell garden  Hey, friend!  I will also watch!  Thanks for posting!

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Honored Contributor

@shell garden wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@chrystaltree....I have never watched EVINE...don't get the channel except on the Roku, but never interested in watching it.  But, "filtering her image"?  wow.

Yeah, you would have to see it to believe it.  The picture would be a little dark and very fuzzy for her appearances.  Weird...because's an attractive woman and so vivacious.  

Honored Contributor

@Pqfan wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

Well I guess she has hit the shopping channel trifecta . . . to be honest I am kind of surprised that QVC is bringing her (back?) on board as so many of her shows have to be bleeped because she makes so many unsubstantiated claims.  She must make serious and my sympathies to whomever is responsible for working the "dump" button . . . Smiley Happy

@momtochloe@LOL @ shopping  channel trifecta!

I was thinking the same thing!

They bounce from channel to channel and expect nobody to "notice"Smiley LOL

I don't believe that they care if shoppers notice the change, I actually think they want fans of their products to follow them to their new shopping channel home.