Trusted Contributor

SUGGESTIONS FOR A REALLY GOOD VACUUM -- NOT DYSON

Does anyone here have a suggestion for a really good vacuum?  I am not interested in a Dyson.  We have purchased two and sent both back.  It seems hard to find a good one these days.  It doesn't have to be cordless -- just one that works well.  Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Honored Contributor

Re: SUGGESTIONS FOR A REALLY GOOD VACUUM -- NOT DYSON

[ Edited ]

We really like our Shark! bought it here when it was a TSV.

Honored Contributor

Shark!

It can suck up hell.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Miele.

Honored Contributor

I'd say get a robot vacuum.

I love my Shark robot vacuum! I just tell him to start vacuuming and he does it for me. I run him every day, sometimes twice, and it's pretty much the same result as if I did my vacuuming every single day. 

Robo, as I call him, also gets into places I would normally ignore. So he always, always finds cat hair and dust to vacuum up. And having to keep my house robot-proof makes me keep things cleaned up and off the floor.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Shark is Dyson's rival.  When the patent for Dysons' vacuum went up, Shark jumped in.  Pretty much like Dyson.  But much cheaper. Dyson started out well, then kind slumped in quality.  That's when Shark first appeared.  Apparently Dyson's new ones are pretty good again, but outrageously expensive.  QVC sells one or the other. I've had my cordless Shark for about 8 years now.  Still works pretty good.  We have a off brand knockoff too, but compared to the Shark, hardly works.

Esteemed Contributor

Love my shark!!

Honored Contributor

I love my Miele.  I've had it for many years.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I'm a Shark girl too.... it's an incredible vacuum.  However, be careful of the new (newer) "soft" carpets.  I never heard of them until we just moved and this house and has this kind of carpet.  My Shark would not move on it no matter how I adjusted it or how hard I pushed and pulled!!  It still vacuums other rugs just great and did my previous house wonderfully!!!  But not the carpet that was here.... then I started learning about these "new soft carpets".....  I bought a specialized vacuum, from Home Depot that was made specifically for these soft carpets.  It works great and although I don't remember the manufacturer, it's been a great vacuum and works very well.  But for everyday carpets.... Shark is the best!!.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Shark Lift-Away with their self-cleaning brush roll!  I have the ZU560 model and it's the best vacuum ever. $200 at Walmart.