Honored Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

I can't figure out why Jane T. doesn't have a constant case of laryngitis.  She talks more and faster than any person I have ever encountered.  Amy?  She talks faster than  you name it... can't stand her voice...can't understand her rapid-fire nattering and blathering.  Don't watch.  More important.  Don't purchase.  Does QVC care?  NOT.

@maximillian 

ITA...

And as far as vendors go Larissa with Breezies "wins"......she talks so fast its unbelievable....and I dont have to grab the remote because she talks so fast by the time I have my remote in hand she's done talking...😆                    

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Re: STOP Talking!

[ Edited ]

@AngelLove2 wrote:
If QVC's sales continue to decline, they better listen.

Unfortunately I am afraid neither QVC higher-ups are paying attention nor moderators are reporting complaints since there have been many topics re: AP and RB vs. their behavior on food shows and separately on other shows. They are together too often yet very suited to each others immature behavior.  Considering the current lousy programming, I now view the Program Guide before opening a chanel....depending on host, depends on whether I tune in or tune out.

Honored Contributor

@APAK 

Welcome!

I too agree with everything posted.

TV shows on regular channels seem to have gotten on the bandwagon of talk.

It is as if the producers have told the actors to talk real fast to make up for the fact that it is not an “action” movie.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

@Maggie Nolia wrote:

There's one female host who obviously never got to talk when growing up so she now talks non-stop.  The only breaths she takes are loud, long gasps as if someone just brought out the hope diamond.  One has to wonder if her husband and children ever get a word in edgewise or if she's completely mute once off camera.  She has endless stories about all activities of herself and her family which she somehow thinks are relevant while viewers take a nap.  There's probably no amount of money to get her to be silent for 15 minutes.

must be Jane T.😉

Valued Contributor

@APAK @bonnielu  RIGHT !! I need Information from Beauty and Makeup Presenters about products and application, etc. BEFORE I ORDER but many hosts keep interrupting them in the middle of tutorials. Where are their manners?  

I sent Feedback to QVC about Sandra B. because in 3 separate Beauty videos she rudely interrupted the presenter to go off on a tangent; I didn't learn what I needed so I didn't order.  She's not the only host who interrupts and talks too much.

We can share here but no changes will be made unless QVC hears from us. Hopefully their 'Feedback' feature is there for a good reason.

Trusted Contributor

@Spurt  You're welcome.

Honored Contributor

@Maggie Nolia wrote:

There's one female host who obviously never got to talk when growing up so she now talks non-stop.  The only breaths she takes are loud, long gasps as if someone just brought out the hope diamond.  One has to wonder if her husband and children ever get a word in edgewise or if she's completely mute once off camera.  She has endless stories about all activities of herself and her family which she somehow thinks are relevant while viewers take a nap.  There's probably no amount of money to get her to be silent for 15 minutes.

@Maggie Nolia 

“Hope Diamond!” 

This is funny!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

The super-fast talking is the most annoying thing about the presentations.  I've complained about it before, too, and usually end up posting on threads about it, because at least I know I'm not alone.

They are ALL starting to do it now, so you know it's part of their training.

A few nights ago I thought I would check out the TSV at midnight because it was a Vince Camuto handbag and I was interested.

It was hosted by Courtney Khondabi, who usually is pretty easy to listen to, and the vendor was Bethany who I had always thought was calm and well-spoken.

Right from the start, they were both talking as though they were on twenty cups of caffeine.  Or worse.  They didn't stop for breath.

I envisioned their producer saying in their earpieces "Talk FASTER.  Talk FASTER!!"

Needless to say, I gave up watching.

It's the one thing that my poor head can't wrap itself around.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: STOP Talking!

[ Edited ]

@BSurLife65 wrote:

@APAK @bonnielu  RIGHT !! I need Information from Beauty and Makeup Presenters about products and application, etc. BEFORE I ORDER but many hosts keep interrupting them in the middle of tutorials. Where are their manners?  

I sent Feedback to QVC about Sandra B. because in 3 separate Beauty videos she rudely interrupted the presenter to go off on a tangent; I didn't learn what I needed so I didn't order.  She's not the only host who interrupts and talks too much.

We can share here but no changes will be made unless QVC hears from us. Hopefully their 'Feedback' feature is there for a good reason.

---------------

I have sent several emails thru the 'feedback' feature.  And I receive a very nice, monosyllabic note saying 'thank you for your feedback'!! 

Really don't think that anyone is reading nor listening to viewers' feedback...otherwise, attempts would be made to change things at the Q!!!  Kind of feels like a robot returning email to a customer number --- thank you customer number one thousand thirty three for your comment, we will look into the issue in the year 2050....

Respected Contributor

Maybe it's a safety net for us, a signal not to watch/not to buy !!I can't believe anyone would hire a sqeech owl.