Trusted Contributor
When she's on I change the channel. Can't take it.
Honored Contributor

I like Albany. I think she's funny and I've really enjoyed the few shows I've seen her host. I wish she did more prime time shows.

Trusted Contributor

@surfk wrote:

I don't dislike Albany. I don't think all that much about Albany.

I sometimes think that all of the presentations are too chatty or talky.

I chalk it up to too much coffee being served backstage.

But Albany seems to be a nice person. Maybe trying a bit too hard at times. If you watched the Miss USA pageant this evening, I think sometimes a combo of nerves and needing to talk a lot can get a lot of people into trouble.

Maybe they ALL just need to calm down a little. And maybe the the presentations of each piece might be too long - causing more need for more extended or unnecessarily chit-chat which can ultimately lead to anyone saying too much or saying something that winds up bugging people.

Despite it looking easy, I could not imagine sitting there for hours talking and talking and talking about certain items. And sometimes 30 minutes or even an HOUR on one item is just waaayyyy too long to present something AND talk about it.

After all, even a nice blouse...even a really nice blouse...is just collar and sleeves after a while.

"Oh, there are buttons! Let's COUNT them!" lol

I really don't know how they do it. So I sort of cut some of the hosts a break on that angle alone.

I iN SCHOOL, TESTS WERE A COMBINATION OF YES/NO, MULTIPLE CHOICE, AND ONE QUESTION THAT REQUIRED AN ANSWER IN YOUR OWN WORDS. 

DO YOU EVER JUST GIVE A SIMPLE ANSWER TO A QUESTION? 

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Respected Contributor

I kinda like her "cash and prizes" saying ! 

Trusted Contributor

If she's the pretty redhead who is really vivacious, I like her when I see her.  I mostly watch shows I'm interested in and somehow she hasn't hosted those or I'd remember her more. 

Valued Contributor

i really like albany. she's funny.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Honored Contributor

@60sgirl wrote:

@surfk wrote:

I don't dislike Albany. I don't think all that much about Albany.

I sometimes think that all of the presentations are too chatty or talky.

I chalk it up to too much coffee being served backstage.

But Albany seems to be a nice person. Maybe trying a bit too hard at times. If you watched the Miss USA pageant this evening, I think sometimes a combo of nerves and needing to talk a lot can get a lot of people into trouble.

Maybe they ALL just need to calm down a little. And maybe the the presentations of each piece might be too long - causing more need for more extended or unnecessarily chit-chat which can ultimately lead to anyone saying too much or saying something that winds up bugging people.

Despite it looking easy, I could not imagine sitting there for hours talking and talking and talking about certain items. And sometimes 30 minutes or even an HOUR on one item is just waaayyyy too long to present something AND talk about it.

After all, even a nice blouse...even a really nice blouse...is just collar and sleeves after a while.

"Oh, there are buttons! Let's COUNT them!" lol

I really don't know how they do it. So I sort of cut some of the hosts a break on that angle alone.

I iN SCHOOL, TESTS WERE A COMBINATION OF YES/NO, MULTIPLE CHOICE, AND ONE QUESTION THAT REQUIRED AN ANSWER IN YOUR OWN WORDS. 

DO YOU EVER JUST GIVE A SIMPLE ANSWER TO A QUESTION? 

Thank goodness the simple answer to your question is a big, fat NO. I love surfk's posts. They're smart and very witty, two things we can never have a surfeit of around here.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Like it or not there are a lot of folks out there who do not mind her flirting and dirty talk. I agree all the Q cares about is how much she's selling or she would be gone.

Contributor

Such a wonderful day (still morning here) with Gabrielle on with Isaac.

The show is so pleasant,  low-keyed and easy on the ears, even bought a new jacket from Isaac.

Yeah!!!! No Screaming today!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

haha I thought maybe this was a thread on something that was going on in Albany, NY.  slinks out.

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames