Honored Contributor

Re: ST. LOUIS CARDINALS v. CHICAGO CUBS OPENING GAME

@MickD wrote:

@ShowMe no kidding....you've had a long day.....what time is your appointment tomorrow?

Appointment is 11:20.....Shirley is picking me up at 10:50.  Have my alarm set for 8:15.....will have to get my shower and wash my hair.  And I don't move to swiftly in the a.m. 

Ok, we won.......

Honored Contributor

Ok girls.....it's been a fun night.

Thanks for coming on and having fun with us.  We will be doing this again. 

Sweet dreams everyone. 

Valued Contributor

Good night. Good game. Good thread.

Honored Contributor

It has been a great night baseball fans!!!!!! Good night!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ValuSkr @Lesa @ShowMe @Goodie2shoes @mustang66lady Clydesdales at the home opener!!!!!

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KZHQzCFelo

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Esteemed Contributor

@MickD wrote:

@ValuSkr @Lesa @ShowMe @Goodie2shoes @mustang66lady Clydesdales at the home opener!!!!!

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KZHQzCFelo

@MickD

Thank you for sharing this-we watched the pregame show and we always think it is magical. 

Fun fact-the harnesses that the Cydesdales wear have to be custom made for each horse and weigh approx. 130 pounds each!  From what we were told on a FREE visit to Anheuser Bush if you ever get the chance to tour the brewery, the harnesses are lifted by crane and the horse is walked into his personal harness!  Those harnesses are huge close up.  I can't imagine 130 pounds around an animals' neck but these horses make it look easy as they prance around the ball field or anywhere you get to see them.

Honored Contributor

@mustang66lady that is amazing about the harnesses!  I live in CA.  Should've visited before I moved from Chicago.....hahaha!  They are stunningly beautiful though!

Honored Contributor

Thank you, @MickD!  Beautiful animals and so well trained.  Loved the organ music playing the Budweiser theme and - of course - the Arch backdrop!

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr it was pretty cool to watch the video as I had missed it....the arch is amazing!

Valued Contributor

@MickD Thank you so much. I especially enjoyed seeing the beautiful Clydesdales

and the Hall of Famers. What a wonderful pre game show.