Honored Contributor

Re: ST. LOUIS CARDINALS v. CHICAGO CUBS OPENING GAME

See, I have been telling you all how beautiful the St. Louis area is.  A trip to the top of the ARCH is worth it all. 

Just think, all I have to do is go practically go around the corner up the hill, and go a bit of a distance and I can see the Clydesdales any time I want to.  Grant's Farm is in that vicinity, and quite a few of the Clydesdales are kept across from there.  The property is just beautiful, as are the barns.....  They are very well cared for.  You can see them outside chewing away.....really neat.

There is a lot to see here.....if you are able to get around.

Honored Contributor

@mustang66lady wrote:

@MickD wrote:

@ValuSkr @Lesa @ShowMe @Goodie2shoes @mustang66lady Clydesdales at the home opener!!!!!

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KZHQzCFelo

@MickD

Thank you for sharing this-we watched the pregame show and we always think it is magical. 

Fun fact-the harnesses that the Cydesdales wear have to be custom made for each horse and weigh approx. 130 pounds each!  From what we were told on a FREE visit to Anheuser Bush if you ever get the chance to tour the brewery, the harnesses are lifted by crane and the horse is walked into his personal harness!  Those harnesses are huge close up.  I can't imagine 130 pounds around an animals' neck but these horses make it look easy as they prance around the ball field or anywhere you get to see them.

Thanks for sharing this information on here for the posters to see.  On our local PBS channel, they have shown shows that show how they train the horses.  That is something else too.  A lot of history here on these horses.

The Clydesdales are not all kept in this area.  They are used for different events elsewhere.   They don't come cheap either. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

This is a lovely post in honor of CardinalGirl. I have missed her posts. I looked forward to her Christmas pictures every year.

Honored Contributor

Game 2 .... Cardinals v Cubs ...... 8:15 eastern .... on MLB Network.......

Will start the thread here on Community.

Supposed to rain here, but they say they should get the game in.  Right now it is very sunny out there.....beautiful......