Honored Contributor

Re: ST. LOUIS CARDINALS v. CHICAGO CUBS OPENING GAME

Just switched over to our local news. So far nothing has gone wrong.  Security is very heavy.  They will be closely watched until all go home.

They also said that rain is coming in and should be hitting the ballpark in about 15 minutes.  That is why the wind has increased and the flags are blowing.   

Knew it was supposed to be raining tomorrow, but didn't know about tonight.....

Honored Contributor

@MickD wrote:

@ShowMe  I have to wear the wrap around sunglasses after dialation.....that's why I was wondering......I hope the swelling has decreased......and no more drops.

Bet he will want to see me again in 6 weeks........

Honored Contributor

@ShowMe  oh, lady...hang in there....like you need another appointment....nope you don't!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Make it up Baez...

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

I love this commercial with the man thinking the dog is a beautiful woman.....

Esteemed Contributor

@ShowMe

Ladies,

I usually post on the recipe thread but I'm a Cardinal fan; live 20 minutes from Busch Stadium on the IL side of the river. 

Thought I would share my favorite baseball song, complete with photos of the St. Louis skyline and the old Busch stadium in the beginning and the new towards the end.  Lou Brock has family in our area and he is often seen dining at the Applebees that is less than 10 minutes from my house.   Mike Shannon has another bar and grill; he lives in Edwardsville, IL and that is where his bar and grill is located.   Not as fancy as his downtown St. Louis steakhouse was. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ5AF7a7MJs

Honored Contributor

@MickD wrote:

Make it up Baez...

Don't want them to tie it.......

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

This is insane.....

Valued Contributor

Hi @mustang66lady Thanks for stopping by and telling us about Lou Brock and Mike Shannon. I remember them from 1964 on. I named my son for Mike Shannon  and we got to meet him in Philadelphia when the Phillies  played the Cards. (1965)

I copied the youtube addy and will play it tomorrow. I'm watching April the Giraffe on you tube now

Honored Contributor

@MickD wrote:

This is insane.....

Yes, it is.

Do you see how the rain is coming down......and is supposed to be over in 15 minutes.  Well, we'll see....