Honored Contributor

ST. LOUIS CARDINALS v. CHICAGO CUBS OPENING GAME

Am dedicating this thread tonight here on Community Chat to a very special person we lost to cancer....CardinalGirl.  She will be missed so much this year.  CardinalGirl was a St. Louis poster and well known by many of you for her many talents. 

CardinalGirl THIS ONE'S FOR YOU   .....HeartHeartHeart   We miss you.....

Moderators.....hope you will keep this thread on here tonight......so many of us have always posted here....Thanks in advance......ShowMe

Esteemed Contributor

Re: ST. LOUIS CARDINALS v. CHICAGO CUBS OPENING GAME

Western Missouri girl here. I remember Cardinal Girl. I'm so sorry to hear this news and peace and comfort to her family. Both you and Cardinal Girl loved the red birds.   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

It's a beautiful sea of RED  there tonight.  They are currently introducing the team.

Nothing but the best of luck to them this year...... 

Honored Contributor

Nice threads ladies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

Western Missouri girl here. I remember Cardinal Girl. I'm so sorry to hear this news and peace and comfort to her family. Both you and Cardinal Girl loved the red birds.   

Thanks for your sweet post.  Yes we did love the red birds.....together.  Now, I do........by myself.  (no, there are many that do also)

Honored Contributor

@jeanlake......I too am suffering with cancer.  Have been undergoing treatment for 2+ years now.  Have one every other week.  It is very draining.  Will be on this treatment the rest of my life.  But, I had to do this thread tonight come heck or high water. 

Honored Contributor

Heart

Heart

Heart

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

ShowMe, I'm sorry to hear your news. Sending you positive energy and will keep you in prayer for comfort and better days ahead. My hope is you have an amazing year. I cheer on your Cardinals along with my O'Fallon bro-in-law, and when it doesn't interfere with my boys in blue! I like your catcher!  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

IMG_8307.JPG

I remember Cardinal Girl's great posts!  I'm part of Cardinal Nation too!   This was my 2017 Cardinals "wreath"  craft project. This one's for you Cardinal Girl!!

I've got my Cardinals sports top on and I'm anxiously awaiting the season opener right now.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I remember so well when CardinalGirl would post on the thread for that night when she was sitting there watching the live game.  She got some very good seats each time too. 

Also remember the little Rally Squirrel she and her DH had that she would post on our threads.  He was so cute.  Her DH made it for it after the night the squirrel went wild out on the field during a game. 

Believe one of her last social events they went to was for Lou Brock's birthday party.  She posted the picture of her dress.....it was beautiful.  She was so excited to be able to go.