Valued Contributor

NO RAISE FOR ME   SOB

Respected Contributor

I received a $7 raise.  Whoopie.  I haven't received any raise in 3 years. 

Respected Contributor

@elizabethl123    @luvmybeetle   Sorry that you are not getting a Social security increase in January or a very slight one.  I'm not collecting yet.  

On the bright side at least Social Security is still in place and they don't decrease the monthly amount.

Respected Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

@elizabethl123    @luvmybeetle   Sorry that you are not getting a Social security increase in January or a very slight one.  I'm not collecting yet.  

On the bright side at least Social Security is still in place and they don't decrease the monthly amount.

You are so right.  At least we get something for all the hard work we did all those years. 

Esteemed Contributor

This is my first raise ever!!!!!!  Not much, but, in the big picture, my secondary insurance went up nearly double the amount of my "raise".  And, this is not an entitlement.  I worked and paid into the system for decades!!!!

Honored Contributor

@luvmybeetle wrote:

@luvmybeetle, Wow, I am rich, I got $9.00!

Honored Contributor

SS is not giving us anything, we earned the money that SS sends every month. If the government does not want to pay us and not give us cost of living raises they should not have taken the money out of our paychecks all those years. I got a small raise, but then some of it was taken back with an increase in Medicare. I'm glad I don't have to rely on SS totally for my retirement income.

Honored Contributor

I don't receive SS but my retirement income people sent me a letter a few months ago stating that there won't be another raise until 2020 (July).  Normally there were automatic 2% raises every year for the last ten or more years. Now, there's some kind of trouble at the state level which translates to cutting expenses like income for retirees like myself.

Respected Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

@luvmybeetle wrote:

@luvmybeetle, Wow, I am rich, I got $9.00!

Hey, how about a loan?

Honored Contributor

I got a raise.