Honored Contributor

SS / SSI / SSDI increase

[ Edited ]

According to the blog at the Social Security Administration, the COLA (Cost of Living Adjustment) for 2019 is 2.8%.

It's for retirees plus Supplemental Security Income, disability, and survivor beneficiaries

Positive news, as even the smallest amount of extra money is something to be thankful for. 

Honored Contributor

Re: SS / SSI / SSDI increase

That's so they can increase our Medicare....  If they don't give us a COL increase, they can't raise the Medicare they take out of our SS, etc.  They really aren't giving us any thing.

Honored Contributor

@ShowMe wrote:

That's so they can increase our Medicare....  If they don't give us a COL increase, they can't raise the Medicare they take out of our SS, etc.  They really aren't giving us any thing.

Yes it will probably come out the same.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

The government never gave anyone anything

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I’m not old enough for Medicare yet, but do draw social security. I’m appreciative of any increase. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

The COLA (Cost of Living Adjustment) for 2019 is 2.8%.

For retirees plus Supplemental Security Income, disability, and survivor beneficiaries

Positive news, as even the smallest amount of extra money is something to be thankful for. 

They will do what they did last time... raise my medicare costs... so I end up with nothing more....

Honored Contributor

I've read where the Medicare Part B premium is going from  134 to 135

Not to bad. I got a poor sister inlaw and  she pays 104

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I’m not old enough for Medicare yet, but do draw scocial security. I’m appreciative of any increase. 

Same here. Any increase is welcome.

Honored Contributor

Have no idea yet what the supplemental and prescription will be in 2019.....but you can bet it will be more than any COL we get....   No, we're not getting anything.....

Yep, the government doesn't give us anything....they just take away.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I’m not old enough for Medicare yet, but do draw scocial security. I’m appreciative of any increase. 

@gidgetgh......quit bragging...LOL   They'll catch up with you when you are in Medicare.  Enjoy your increase...until you get on Medicare...