Esteemed Contributor

Re: SORRY I HAD TO DO THIS…….

If they are items you really like, go ahead and keep the orders and save them for next year.  Unfortunately this is from all the cargo ships sittiing in the ocean not being unloaded.  It will depend on your area if there are any Halloween items left on the shelves.  It is a mess all the way around.  I had ordered a sweater that went to advanced ordering and sat there for a couple of months that I canceled because I decided I didn't like it that much.  The Q's sales have to be tanking with all these cancelations.

Esteemed Contributor

@RespectLife That was my first thought too - - see lots of cancellations

I highly doubt it.............................

Honored Contributor

Although I saw some cute Halloween things....I didnt order seeing that they wouldnt arrive in time...

I do still have a couple of ADVANCED ORDER Christmas items that wont arrive until mid or late November, and I decorate for Christmas early the first or middle of  November.... I did keep these items since a couple can be used for winter/January also....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I often buy seasonal items afterwards for use next year.  I wouldn't cancel something if I really liked it.  

Frequent Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

I often buy seasonal items afterwards for use next year.  I wouldn't cancel something if I really liked it.  

I do that too, but buying after the season gets you deep discounts.  Delayed advanced orders means you're paying top dollar for your now too late to use items.

Super Contributor

I just sent a message to customer service after having some delayed and no real date information.  I understand the shipping situation, but decorating is almost over for the kids to enjoy for Halloween. Thinking about what to do today.

Honored Contributor

@NanaFrost wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

I do that too, but buying after the season gets you deep discounts.  Delayed advanced orders means you're paying top dollar for your now too late to use items.

@NanaFrost 

Yes, but you take the chance of what you want is sold out.  It's happened to me when I waited for after Christmas sales.  

I'm talking about something I really want, though.

Valued Contributor

I cancelled something that was advanced order in August. It was to have shipped in mid September. I cancelled on 10/10. It was still in advance order status. I had communicated to find out what the status of the order. I was told many different things --none matched. So this was something that was fall related and the season would be over probably by the time I would have received.

Respected Contributor

Yes I am really confused about why Christmas decor has already shipped (I have already received several things) and yet Halloween decor is still waiting.  Doesn't make sense.

Respected Contributor

I ordered Valerie's set of 3 blue velvet pumpkins on 8/15 with advance order. They were shipped on 10/5 and received on 10/12.  These to me are more of a fall theme not Halloween as are most pumpkins. So they will be out until right after Thanksgiving.