Respected Contributor

Re: SORRY BUT - Deliberate snark or ?

Not always the case. I have posted on threads that I don't normally post on and have said , "Sorry to intrude". Absolutely no snark intended on my part. I have in turn been welcomed.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Respected Contributor

@The Monkey on My Back wrote:

Never ever apologize here.

Sincere or "snarky" the only thing it accomplishes is it gives some  license to be offended a second time.

Sad but true.  I sincerely like everyone on this thread but don't understand how some can omit the word sorry since that is what this thread is all about - namely,  "Sorry, but."  Weird but like others have said, it all depends on who is saying it.    

Honored Contributor

@truffle wrote:

@The Monkey on My Back wrote:

Never ever apologize here.

Sincere or "snarky" the only thing it accomplishes is it gives some  license to be offended a second time.

Sad but true.  I sincerely like everyone on this thread but don't understand how some can omit the word sorry since that is what this thread is all about - namely,  "Sorry, but."  Weird but like others have said, it all depends on who is saying it.    

It takes a lot of "being here" on the forum, and posting in a variety of forums here, before one could begin to have a good idea of who one might actually be able to apologize to and have a meaningful dialogue about a misunderstanding.

Not many, and not anyone who says "Sorry but..." 😈

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

I view the use of "sorry but" as a polite opening to saying you don't agree with someone on a particular issue. I feel as if we are being told here in this thread that we dare not disagree or it will be considered being rude and snarky. So from now on we should refrain from ever giving an opposite opinion. We should just post,"Bravo. Way to go. I completely agree." 

Esteemed Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

Aren't the dynamics interesting?  I think that anyone who feels they have to one-up someone, be nasty in their replies or have a contemptuous attitude on an obscure little chat board in order to feel superior (and you can actually "feel" this!)..... deserves to be ignored.   It's that simple and I give it the old college try ....  Woman Indifferent

What if they are simply giving an opposing opinion? How is that in order to feel superior?

Respected Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

I view the use of "sorry but" as a polite opening to saying you don't agree with someone on a particular issue. I feel as if we are being told here in this thread that we dare not disagree or it will be considered being rude and snarky. So from now on we should refrain from ever giving an opposite opinion. We should just post,"Bravo. Way to go. I completely agree." 

Not only that I have just discovered I'm not part of the clique - the group - the gang.  Quite a low blow.  

Honored Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

Stretching it to the point of ridiculous. IMO. Reaching faaar.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all