Super Contributor

I'm 65 and in Florida. I had my second shot Feb. 11th.

Esteemed Contributor

We are finally thinking of getting enough vaccined, masked, stay at homes to make a new book club or to restart advanced yoga.  The most exciting thing to ponder right now!  Might have to wait for better weather.

Trusted Contributor

Dallas TX -- still on 1a and 1b here.

Esteemed Contributor

In Arizona they make the second appointment after you get the first shot. At least that's how State Farm Stadium is doing it. 30 minutes start to finish both times.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

They say starting this Wednesday ,60 to 69 vaccines start!!!

@goldensrbest 

You are such a young lady. From your writings on this Bulletin Board, I thought you were closer to my age.

Know you were/are hankering for your vaccine, looks like it's getting closer for you. Don't forget to less us know your vaccine date. Now that J&J has been approved, maybe you will only need 1 shot!

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@skatting44  When I stopped at my local CVS yesterday. there was a new large storage building in their parking lot.   I am hoping that means they are readying to accept a huge supply and get busy.

I didn't ask because just Friday morning, I scored an appointment at my local Publix pharmacy for shot 1, but I know my Florida county still needs thousands of doses to make any dent in our needs.

Honored Contributor

Here in Colorado on Friday (Phase 1B.3) will be the group 60yo and older,  plus people who are frontline workers in grocery and agriculture and high-risk 16-59yo who have two or more designated conditions.  

Esteemed Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@skatting44  When I stopped at my local CVS yesterday. there was a new large storage building in their parking lot.   I am hoping that means they are readying to accept a huge supply and get busy.

I didn't ask because just Friday morning, I scored an appointment at my local Publix pharmacy for shot 1, but I know my Florida county still needs thousands of doses to make any dent in our needs.

My Aunt is waiting for ShopRite in NJ  near her home. She has her Granddaughter  putting her name on lists electronically . She apparently has her name on the NJ State site  but she says she has not been given an appointment . She prefers not to go to the Atlantic City convention center  because of the crime in Atlantic City .

Valued Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

In Arizona they make the second appointment after you get the first shot. At least that's how State Farm Stadium is doing it. 30 minutes start to finish both times.

Yes, that's how it should be.

We both got ours at Walgreen's.

And though we feel fortunate to have received our 1st, we wish they would of made the 2nd appointment.

I got mine the first day Walgreens were giving them.

I was 2nd person, they were just starting to put their signs up for check in.

My husband was on stand-by, and got his 2 days later.

The employees response is, "Just keep trying".

Our Walgreen's is about a mile away.

Honored Contributor

Thank goodness in Washington state it has been 65 and older for several months. I get my second shot this Sunday. I am happy for those who are able to get the vaccine in their state soon.  It is really comforting to be vaccinated.