Esteemed Contributor

SOMETIMES YOU NEED A GOOD COMEBACK

Every now and then someone says something to you that leaves you speechless.  You suddenly wish you had a good comeback, well, now, depending on what was said to you, you have a few to choose from.

1.   "Someday you'll go too far - and I really hope you stay there."

2.   Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone."

3.   Oh, you don't like being treated the way you treat me?  That must suck."

4.   Oh, I'm sorry.  Did the middle of my sentence interrupt the beginning of yours?"

5.   "You bring everyone a lot of joy, when you leave the room."

6.   "Oh, my bad.  I could have sworn I was dealing with an adult."

7.   I'm an acquired taste.  If you don't like me, acquire some taste.

8.   "Somewhere out there, a tree is tirelessly producing oxygen for you.  I think you owe it an apology."

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SOMETIMES YOU NEED A GOOD COMEBACK

Any of these retorts will only serve to further inflame the situation.  Says a lot about a person who will do that.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma  😂😂I am going to have to borrow #7😊.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖 

Honored Contributor

My favorite comeback is from I think Mark Twain, " I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person, " .  Save it for the mean and stupid. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Still Raining wrote:

Any of these retorts will only serve to further inflame the situation.  Says a lot about a person who will do that.

@Still Raining ... None of this is meant to be taken seriously, one has to have a sense of humor when reading it.  On the other hand if it works for someone...Smiley Wink

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

I could have used the last 3 when I was younger, but at my age I just don't give a S--t.

Super Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma  I love #4.  Will probably get my chance to use it on 2 different people tomorrow!