Respected Contributor

Re: SO they don't know where my return is?

I think this is a USPS problem not QVC. I find most times the USPS does not update its tracking. I have had it happen no updates then one day it just shows up.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for posting about this.

I actually have a package I returned on 11/21 that has been in Atlanta since 11/28 and not moved. How do you know what the final destination is?

I actually had TWO returns in that package, and now stuck with no proof I had sent it back.

Respected Contributor

@Snow Kitten wrote:

I actually have a package I returned on 11/21 that has been in Atlanta since 11/28 and not moved. How do you know what the final destination is?

I actually had TWO returns in that package, and now stuck with no proof I had sent it back.

I have found that when I put two returns in one package one of them sometimes isn't credited to my acccount.  If they are both by the same vendor, those go through well. 

Regular Contributor

Same happened to me.  Dropped off the package at USPS and began receiving the tracking text messages.  Then the texts just stopped.  After 2 weeks of no updates I went to the PO and they stated UPS had received the package from them so I needed to follow up with UPS.  UPS had no information other than yes, they had received it.  Finally I received a notification from QVC that my refund had been processed.  It took a total of 3.5 weeks!  I was a nervous nelly during that time since it was an expensive (to me) return.  

Respected Contributor

When you return a package to QVC using their return label the post office does NOT deliver your package to QVC. QVC contracts with a shipping agent who picks up their packages from the post office and delivers them to QVC. This is why your packages are sitting at the post office. They are waiting for the shipping agent to pick them up. This isn't any fault of the post office. They are just acting as a receiver of the package and then it is picked up by whoever QVC uses. Depending on the post office QVC items may get picked up biweekly, once a week, twice a week, etc. I live in Philly and I notice if I return a package using QVC's label to one of our bigger/busier post offices it is picked up and returned to QVC faster than when I return at my neighborhood (smaller) post office.

Esteemed Contributor

Packages sometimes sit at my small local post office for days, even more than a week, waiting for pickup.   However, it's not a worry because once it's in the system the problem in no longer mine ... QVC must credit my account since it's their label.  

Just make sure you have your receipt from the post office ... always insist on one.

Honored Contributor

@Lainey59@sipp

Shopalot reminded me of this idea:

I take a picture of the items/the mailing label and the tracking number if there happens to be a situation in which I don’t know the vendor very well. 

This way, I have everything I need to “document” the situation just in case!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@Lainey59 wrote:

Sometimes packages can sit for a week or longer at the post office before they are picked up or shipped out or whatever.  That's happened to me a few times.  I even make the post office give me a receipt for things I ship back so I have proof that I actually took it to the post office. 

@Lainey59

i do this also. i dont enjoy waiting in line, but i like the fact that i have proof that i did mail it back.

i also generally give it about 3 full weeks before i begin to "worry."
customer service by the mods on here is always excellent and they will usually give a refund promptly after that period of time.

this time of the year is particularly busy i am sure.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Snow Kitten wrote:

@Snow Kitten

you should post your problem on the customer care forums where the mods are more likely to see this. you can also contact them at qvcsocialteam@qvc.com

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, I always get a receipt as well.But QVC specifically mentions that you can track returns- they tell you how- and then it says--- "no information" is available" It's the POST OFFICE! why don't they KNOW? It's been a week-by now they should have "SOME" idea where it is and how long it will take to get there---- my Post Office is not a  little "shop"" in the country- it's a decent size- and I've sent back things to other companies that DO keep track of where the pkg is.Been with QVC for YEARS!!! I rarely shop there anymore because everything has gone down the tubes- very costly- too many clothes and shoes so I should know better but every once in a while something catches my eye. I should know better!Woman Indifferent What DOESN'T catch my eye are the horrid patterns of some of the clothing lines (Issac's -Lori) -- OMG-- OLD LADY STUFF THAT EVEN OLD LADIES LIKE ME WON'T WEAR! THEY'RE REALLY HORRID IMO! Sometimes I wonder if they have leftover material and figure "why waste it" we'll just use this for a sleeve and find some more for the other one! LOL!