Esteemed Contributor

Re: SO THEY SPENT A LOT OF MONEY ON THE WEDDING .... SO WHAT ???

I think people (including me) were just giving their view IE opinions, as this is view points. I don't think anyone is cursing or condemning the happy couple, unless I missed something?

In my opinion agree or disagree, everyone should respect each others opinions as long as they aren't being cruel. At least that's how I live my life. Not everyone is going to agree with me, or me with them.

And that is fine.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

13 million will help someone somewhere have a very nice Christmas. Their $$ their choice how to spend it.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

Personally, I don't know why we give 2 seconds of thought to celebs' personal lives. I don't care what they do, who they marry or why they divorce!

Honored Contributor

Good for them.

Respected Contributor

So the OP can have an opinion but if someone does not agree their POV is disparaged?

Honored Contributor

On 10/1/2014 Shorty2U said:

I think people (including me) were just giving their view IE opinions, as this is view points. I don't think anyone is cursing or condemning the happy couple, unless I missed something?

In my opinion agree or disagree, everyone should respect each others opinions as long as they aren't being cruel. At least that's how I live my life. Not everyone is going to agree with me, or me with them.

And that is fine.

Other threads had quite a few posts saying spending that kind of money on a wedding was obscene .... blah blah blah ..... wealthy people spend a lot on weddings ... as I said before .... so what? {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Trusted Contributor

On 10/1/2014 straykatz said:

If they could afford it then all the glory to them......do I think the money could have been put to a better use?....YES...but it wasn't my money so not my concern.....same goes for young American brides who want the big lavish weddings when IMO the money could be better spent on a downpayment for a home....a wedding is just for 1 day...a marriage and home is for life.

ITA!!!! Well said.

Trusted Contributor

On 9/30/2014 Sushismom said:

Couldn't care less what they spent on their wedding.

I'm with you. And frankly, I couldn't care less that they even got married.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Respected Contributor

They're both irrelevant to me. His money, he can do what he wants with it, flush it down the toilet for all I care.
Honored Contributor

On 10/1/2014 physicsnut said: But what about his carbon footprint?? Typical Hollywood double standard.

That is the only thing that irks me about these celebs. They want to tell you to turn down your thermostat, hang your wash on the line etc. but don't question what it takes to heat/cool the big mansions or the amount of jet fuel for all those private flights and its effect on the environment.

When it comes to spending lavishly, I guess it is good for the economy, keeping people in jobs while they show off, so go for it.