Trusted Contributor

Re: SO THEY SPENT A LOT OF MONEY ON THE WEDDING .... SO WHAT ???

I could care less about the wedding or the couple. We place too much publicity and time on celebrities as it is.

Honored Contributor

On 10/2/2014 mominohio said:
On 10/1/2014 physicsnut said: But what about his carbon footprint?? Typical Hollywood double standard.

That is the only thing that irks me about these celebs. They want to tell you to turn down your thermostat, hang your wash on the line etc. but don't question what it takes to heat/cool the big mansions or the amount of jet fuel for all those private flights and its effect on the environment.

When it comes to spending lavishly, I guess it is good for the economy, keeping people in jobs while they show off, so go for it.

WHO told you to turn down your thermostat and hang your wash on the line? George Clooney? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Honored Contributor

On 10/1/2014 physicsnut said: But what about his carbon footprint?? Typical Hollywood double standard.

Oh please, give me a break.

Honored Contributor

dp

Esteemed Contributor

Some people have way too much time on their hands. Time for some volunteer work

Remember that expression? It was used often years ago when I first joined this board.

Have a good night!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

On 10/2/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:
On 10/2/2014 mominohio said:

That is the only thing that irks me about these celebs. They want to tell you to turn down your thermostat, hang your wash on the line etc. but don't question what it takes to heat/cool the big mansions or the amount of jet fuel for all those private flights and its effect on the environment.

When it comes to spending lavishly, I guess it is good for the economy, keeping people in jobs while they show off, so go for it.

WHO told you to turn down your thermostat and hang your wash on the line? George Clooney? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Both statements you quoted spoke of celebrities in general, if you read them. And plenty of celebs have said things like this including Barbara Streisand, in particular.

Respected Contributor

On 10/2/2014 shoekitty said:

Oh please, give me a break.

I know. As if no one else has a double standard, lol!