Honored Contributor

Re: SO TELL US, WHERE DID YOU GO FOR YOUR HONEYMOON?

I am loving reading the stories too!

DH had pneumonia when we were married. We went to the beach for a week and still had a great time, then we visited our families!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs

We went out to a mexican lunch with the few family members and close friends that attended our wedding. Early the next morning, still at home, we went to make a TV Commercial for a company in our city.

Went to breakfast after the the video shoot, then back to our home and furry kids. Great time/practical​ and little money spent, which is never a bad thing.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

We celebrate our 33rd Wedding Anniversary in June, we have yet to take a honeymoon or for that matter a trip together. 

We bought a house 3 months before we were married (I stayed living with my parents until the wedding night), and then we celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary pregnant, and so the story goes.

Honored Contributor

I would have loved that also, back in the  70s.

I've had 2, first one we went to a B&B at Old Sturbridge Village in Massachusetts

No TV no telephone (in the 70s)

2nd one (next husband) we spent at a remote state park "cabin" that was actually a huge brick house -- again, no TV no phone.

Sadly neither honeymoon "took"

@tends2dogs

Honored Contributor

We went to Key West, then spent the majority of our honeymoon on Sanibel and Captiva Islands.....AWESOME!

22 years later, we're planning a return trip!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@NicksmomESQ  Wow!!! Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@pupwhipped  Yah, DH wore pants and jacket with open neck shirt HA!  Get this, he even had a perm - as in afro OMG!  We were like right out of the Mod Squad.  As far as the van, I used to drive it to go get groceries!!!  Youth.....

So it was you, your DH, and Brother Lupert.....were you wearing the beads?  It sounds like a party alright - NOLA, no less.  I would have eloped, too, but we both had kids and my DH felt they should witness us getting married.  It was just them, our parents, and our siblings.  Funny, I was nervous, too.  I told DH, "don't look at me when I am saying the vows or I will start laughing from nerves."  We get up there and the pastor says " please turn and face each other".  I thought I would lose it right there, but I didn't.  Almost 40 years later he is still the one that makes me laugh.  (isn't that a song?) 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@ashleigh dupray wrote:

70s and so idealistic.  we were young and so in love. we borrowed his cousin's car, cans dragging behind and drove to the Cape (Cod)  for 3 days. it was mid-April and cold. we wanted a Pedigreed cat so we came back and use the extra money to buy a kitten.  we had a cute little house to move into.  we walked everywhere and took the train. i worked in Boston and he would meet me every Friday for a nice dinner in town. we had great times together...sadly he changed for the worse and i began to fear him.  the dream ended after 12 years. i always think of our vows at the church that day. i was too young.

Sorry how that turned out for you @CatsyCline, but it sounds like you took away good memories of the happy times.  When we embark on marriage we never know what lays ahead.

Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@tends2dogs

We went out to a mexican lunch with the few family members and close friends that attended our wedding. Early the next morning, still at home, we went to make a TV Commercial for a company in our city.

Went to breakfast after the the video shoot, then back to our home and furry kids. Great time/practical​ and little money spent, which is never a bad thing.

hckynut(john)

@hckynut  That is my kind of wedding day!  Did the commercial have anything to do with your wedding?

Trusted Contributor

We also went to Gatlingburg Tn. We stopped at Kentucky Fried Chicken!!