Valued Contributor

Re: SO TELL US, WHERE DID YOU GO FOR YOUR HONEYMOON?

Such great stories. I loved reading them 

Respected Contributor

i would have loved that @tansy

Esteemed Contributor

We could not afford a honeymoon 36 years ago.Nor could we afford a big wedding. My DH promised me a good life. He gave me a great one!!

All of our friends had big weddings & lavish honeymoons. A lot of them looked down on us .They lived above their means to show off & to this day live paycheck to paycheck.And of course there are those who got divorced.

DH & I started out as 2 kids with empty pockets & full hearts.All we wanted was to be together!! We have lived that dream to the fullest!!

For our 35 anniversary DH offered to throw me a big wedding to renew our vows.I said yes to the vows,no to the wedding.He wanted to buy me a big diamond engagement ring to replace the small one on my finger.I said no. He asked what he could get me. I told him that I already had more that I ever imagined. 

Respected Contributor

we flew to st johns in the virgin islands where we embarked on a 52 ' sailboat with crew.  that's husband and wife crew.  she was a gourmet cook so the food was outstanding.   

we sailed around different islands and went sightseeing.

the boat was named butterfly.  i'll never forget it.

Respected Contributor

First marriage, Washinton DC

Second, Aruba.

Trusted Contributor

It was 1962 and my husband had just started a new job and only had 3 days vacation on the books!  Neither of us had ever been to LasVegas so off we went driving in our little l960 VW bug!!!   Chug Chug with all the Cadillacs flying by us!!  HeartWoman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

Mammoth Mountain in Calif. My parents ski condo. Mind you if was Sept and no skiing. We both as kids traveled a lot, during our 25years military life and now we travel a lot. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

Fun post. Add me to the list of late 70s weddings, after college graduation. We had jobs but little time to save money. Simple wedding, lovely dress, reception in church basement. I know. I'd change that if I had a 'do over.' Vacationed at a lake resort 100 miles away. Would change that, too! 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

70s and so idealistic.  we were young and so in love. we borrowed his cousin's car, cans dragging behind and drove to the Cape (Cod)  for 3 days. it was mid-April and cold. we wanted a Pedigreed cat so we came back and use the extra money to buy a kitten.  we had a cute little house to move into.  we walked everywhere and took the train. i worked in Boston and he would meet me every Friday for a nice dinner in town. we had great times together...sadly he changed for the worse and i began to fear him.  the dream ended after 12 years. i always think of our vows at the church that day. i was too young.

Contributor

1968 off to the Poconos for almost a week in our own a-frame with a heart shaped tub.  We drove to see the Delaware Water Gap, I have no idea why and 49 years later we still laugh about the gorge and about the resort full of honeymooners.