Honored Contributor

Re: SO TELL US, WHERE DID YOU GO FOR YOUR HONEYMOON?

We didn't have enough extra money for a meal at Furrs Cafeteria, much less a honeymoon. 

Honored Contributor

Paradise Island in the Bahamas.  It was lovely!

Honored Contributor

Two weeks in Greece including a 7 day Aegean cruise.  It was either that or Hawaii and we're glad we did Greece when we did.  Have been to Hawaii several times but Greece only once.

Honored Contributor

We spent 2 glorious weeks in Hawaii immediately following our wedding in July 1978. Then, on the way back to MI, spent several days at my inlaws in CA. Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

@DukeBlueNan  As you may have guessed, we didn't go fancy either LOL.  We found a buffet over a bowling alley in Key West.  It had the best sea food!  We heard about it from our neighbors at the campground.  They were a young couple from Canada staying in a semi truck that they had converted into a camper.  Those were the days, my friend!....couldn't or wouldn't want to do that trip again......my back couldn't take it Smiley Surprised!!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

Marketing at that time was "Virginia Beach Is For Lovers", so that's where we went.  I saw it in Bride's magazine.  We got married on June 22nd, 1975.  We had a flat tire on the way!!!  In June the water should have been warm, it was like ice cubes.  I was used to water in Myrtle Beach, S. C., 5 1/2 hours south!  What a difference!

Money was quite an issue.  His mother didn't want him to get married to anyone.  She wanted him to stay there forever with her so she wouldn't fulfill her promise to give him a honeymoon and made him sell his motorcycle.  We scraped together and had four days including traveling back.

It was the year Jaws came out and everyone sat on the cold beach and read it.  We swam in the motel's heated pool!!!  We did have a few good meals and went to an auction.

We built a two story house two years later.

Esteemed Contributor

@sgraham30 wrote:

We didn't go on a honeymoon per se. My husband was in the Navy, stationed at Pearl Harbor so the 18 months that we lived there, it seemed like everyday was a honeymoon. 

After that we spent 2 years in the San Diego area, 4 1/2 years near Saratoga Springs, NY, & then 4 years or so across the bay from San Francisco. (we lived in Alameda) The 10 years that we were married all the duty stations that he chose were near major vacation destinations for most people.

@sgraham30  I like the part about everyday was a honeymoon!  All major vacation destinations - nice!

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

disneyworld......we had a good time, but we probably should have chosen another place to visit and relax. we left several days AFTER our wedding because we had family visiting from out of town and from overseas.

@sunshine45  We stopped at Disney World on the way to Key West.  It was in March and we had to wear winter coats.  We stayed a couple hours, got back in the van and tooled down to the Keys where it was a lot warmer. 

Respected Contributor

Oh, @tends2dogs, I LOVE IT! The pants suit and the van are toooooo funny. My wedding was not in a lovely church with me wearing a beautiful white wedding gown. It could have been, but wasn't. I've always been a little "different."

Hubby and I eloped to New Orleans in 1981 and were married on Halloween day...my favorite holiday!!! Wait, there was a lovely church involved. I forgot. We were married at First Baptist Church in NOLA. Our nuptials were performed by the assistant pastor, Brother Lupert, in his office. And even though it was just the three of us in attendance, my knees were knocking the entire time. HA!!!!!!!!!!  

Honored Contributor

First marriage - took a truck camper and went camping in Canada. Had a wonderful time. Had some bear encounters.

Second marriage , married in February so , naturally, we went skiing.Weren't having too good a time so we came home on the third day and really enjoyed the remainder of our days off in our brand new house.