Honored Contributor

Re: SO TELL US, WERE YOU A HOMECOMING QUEEN, CHEERLEADER, MAJORETTE???

Nay.  Most of my time was spent on theatre, choir and the school's literary magazine and newspaper.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

No crowning for me. I did play in the marching band, when not working. Sports were played on Friday nights, which was a night I always was working. Those were the BIG nights for the Drive-in Restaurants in our area.

I did however play at a Senior Prom when I was a sophomore. About as close as I got to any festivities during my short tour of high school.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

I was a majorette

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs   I was a closet cheerleader... practiced all the time in my room infront of the mirror..... always wanted to be one! BUT, Only the popularSUPER RICH  girls were ever Cheerleaders in my schools, same for homecoming queen etc.  They were always   the  "click" girls who never talked to anyone not in their circle..... they had the boobs, the clothes, the hair..... the boys on the football team after them.....

I grew up in a rich part of  town....  Many doctors, lawyers and such( Bill Gates area)  In my school there was the super popular GROUP .... then  the mid crowd GROUP( me) and then the dregs of society GROUP Who no one acknowledged or spoke to.  So cruel and unfair... JUST LIKE LIFE IS IN THE REAL WORLD.  

Honored Contributor

For the three years preceding my senior year in HS, the captain of each cheerleading squad had had to leave school before graduating for experiencing difficulties presumably caused by some member of the football team.

I had learned twirling as a little girl and did some exhibitions, but I had joined the band in junior high, so twirling was over.

Most of the girls in my class were encouraged to join the marching band and graduated. No, no, and no. 

Respected Contributor

i thought it would be fun and made the drill team one year . the uniform was a very short  dress with gold braided trim and epaulets. it was heavy and scratchy and we had to sit in the bleachers for the entire football games. so i only participated for that one season.

i had serious anxiety as a teen. i was in art classes and wanted to audition for school plays but i had a fear of just speaking in class.  i turned 10 shades of red and would melt into a puddle.   so funny how your entire world is just HS students and teachers and the class superlatives ran everything. and how insignificant those years were in the big picture.

Honored Contributor

No, I was a bit nerdy (although I always tried to be stylish and in full makeup).  To be honest, I was a bit bohemian in my tastes for that era.  I did purchase a Picasso copy and bongo drums while in high school, as I remember it.  I read many of the great books and much of Freud when I was 16.  Really, where did I think I was going?   What the heck was I up to? Heaven only knows.  I followed my interests; there were no helicopter parents at that time.  In fact, I remember my dear mother yelling it me one day in the summer between my junior and senior years in high school, "Get out of that chair and stop reading!  Help me clean this house!"  I really laugh everytime I think of that moment.

On the school newspaper, I was the primary feature writer for four years.  My future sister-in-law, who was in my graduating class, was our Homecoming Queen.  She could have been the poster girl for the blonde, blue-eyed beauty queen, and it was fun to experience the world through her eyes (to a limited degree, of course).

Respected Contributor

I spent 4 years with the highschool newspaper.

We had our own homeroom and everything.

I also joined student court for a while.

Esteemed Contributor

I was nominated for Homecoming Court sophmore, junior and senior years of HS but never "won".

I was in Student Government & on the yearbook staff all 4 years. 

Esteemed Contributor

I was to shy and to much of a klutz to do anything. I went to school, graduated and that about it.