Honored Contributor

Re: SO TELL US, WERE YOU A HOMECOMING QUEEN, CHEERLEADER, MAJORETTE???

@tends2dogs

Yep... I was in EVERYTHING! QUEEN? Of nothing.

Editor paper/in choir/cheerleader/history club/yearbook editor/swing band/honor society

boyfriend? No

Our high school was brand new -- our class and the one higher than us established the traditions and clubs

My parents moved our family around a lot.

I brought with me school traditions from my other schools... yearbook/paper/.

As a gift to my 6th grade class, I brought the tradition of "going steady" and that boys bought the girls friendship rings

the other parents LOVED me

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

I was lead majorette of three way back in the age of dinosaurs.  It was a small school and we didn't exactly light up the crowd, mostly tried our best to get through a set without dropping the baton.  We didn't ha ve a mentor, just used skills learned at private lessons and made up our own routines. 

Respected Contributor

@LTT1 going steady in 6th grade? That cracvked meup b/c I had a 6th grade boy who had a crush on a girl in class and he bought her some very expensive jewelry (which her Mom made him take back and return).

My comment: His Dad must be making an impression on him to 'court and spark' a girl.

I'll bet the parents of 6th grade were thrilled.Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

I'd say if you assume things about people whether they were this or that is nothing but trouble.  Why form an opinion good or bad because someone was a cheerleader in high school? 

That nonsense is best left in the distant past.  No reason to think ill of someone for either reason. 

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs

The way your OP is worded made me think of this:

582E5304-943C-47F3-998F-227F4B092FCE-4455-0000034CB6BF929D.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Gif

@tends2dogs

I liked your survey and questions!

It is interesting to me!

Keep 'me coming!

Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

Gif

@tends2dogs

I liked your survey and questions!

It is interesting to me!

Keep 'me coming!

Oh my gosh, @LTT1....that kitty is precious.  I think she was all of the above!  LOL

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

Nope! Furthest thing from a HC Queen, cheerleader (ugh!🙄) etc. I was a jock and never cared for the girlie girls- the gossip, make-up, nails, hair, etc. Not my kinda interests. They were too fake for me. I had many more male friends bc of this. I still, to this day, don't care for many women I meet. I can't stand drama, the competing moms, PTA moms, ,etc. Don't mean to be harsh but I am not phony and am honest with everyone. Many women can't handle that. Lucky me bc hubby loves this non-girlie girl. We enjoy football, baseball, hockey, racing, etc. together. No trips to the nail salon for this girl - ever!!!

Disclosure: this post was not intended to offend anyone who fits my descriptions above. It just means I had better things to do than listen to you talk about how much better, prettier, thinner than everyone else you were. Oh, and as you can tell, I am very sarcastic, another thing many girls took personally way too often (like this post for example 😉) If you were more the tom-boy type, we'd get along great!! 😉😂😉😂 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tends2dogs wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@ashleigh dupray wrote:

i thought it would be fun and made the drill team one year . the uniform was a very short  dress with gold braided trim and epaulets. it was heavy and scratchy and we had to sit in the bleachers for the entire football games. so i only participated for that one season.

i had serious anxiety as a teen. i was in art classes and wanted to audition for school plays but i had a fear of just speaking in class.  i turned 10 shades of red and would melt into a puddle.   so funny how your entire world is just HS students and teachers and the class superlatives ran everything. and how insignificant those years were in the big picture.

Another girls' drill team here.  Loved it - except - for the cold weather during Ohio football games.  The band had much warmer uniforms.

@Isobel Archer  I know, dumb question, but what is a drill team?  Is it like a pep rally team?  We had that back in my day Smiley Happy.

I can only speak of my own experience as a drill team member. Ours was a precision marching unit who did all kinds of formations while marching. However, we also performed at night football games doing lighted formations that matched the music the band was playing. For instance, if the band played Carousel, we would form a moving merry go round in the darkness. In addition we had to attend all games in a unit, plus we had philanthropic fund raiser and a performance based show each year. We were definitely NOT a dance team.

Super Contributor

@tends2dogs I teach at school during football season and am in the process of working something out at the local recreational park.  Woman Very Happy