Esteemed Contributor

Re: SO TELL US, WERE YOU A HOMECOMING QUEEN, CHEERLEADER, MAJORETTE???

@Msfitness wrote:

@tends2dogs I teach at school during football season and am in the process of working something out at the local recreational park.  Woman Very Happy

@Msfitness  That sounds like a fun activity to learn ~ teach concentration, learning skills, while also being a physical activity.  Hope it works out for you.  Many would benefit, I'm sure. Smiley Happy

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

I was a Bookworm hippie nerd. Still am and proud of it!

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I was very quiet and studious in high school...was a member of the National Honor Society. I did join some things, but I was not one of the cool kids. I was a gymnast, in the band, and was a pom pom girl. I was also a model for a local department store. That was my high school job. Was not a homecoming queen or princess of anything.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Trusted Contributor

None of the above.  I guess I was what is considered today is a dork - just interested in getting good grades lol.

Valued Contributor

I was in band and a majorette one or two years (we tried out). However, I was very shy and didn't run with the "crowd", which was about 30 people in my grade! Many of them drank and did things I wasn't interested in doing. I had one good girlfriend and a boyfriend that lived in the next town. 

Super Contributor

@tends2dogs thanks so much for the encouragement!!  Woman Very HappyHeart

Regular Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

Nope! Furthest thing from a HC Queen, cheerleader (ugh!🙄) etc. I was a jock and never cared for the girlie girls- the gossip, make-up, nails, hair, etc. Not my kinda interests. They were too fake for me. I had many more male friends bc of this. I still, to this day, don't care for many women I meet. I can't stand drama, the competing moms, PTA moms, ,etc. Don't mean to be harsh but I am not phony and am honest with everyone. Many women can't handle that. Lucky me bc hubby loves this non-girlie girl. We enjoy football, baseball, hockey, racing, etc. together. No trips to the nail salon for this girl - ever!!!

Disclosure: this post was not intended to offend anyone who fits my descriptions above. It just means I had better things to do than listen to you talk about how much better, prettier, thinner than everyone else you were. Oh, and as you can tell, I am very sarcastic, another thing many girls took personally way too often (like this post for example 😉) If you were more the tom-boy type, we'd get along great!! 😉😂😉😂 

Wow.

Esteemed Contributor

@Msfitness wrote:

@tends2dogs thanks so much for the encouragement!!  Woman Very HappyHeart

I wasn't a cheerleader in my high school days, @Msfitness, so I can be yours today!  ;0 !

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chucky12345 wrote:

@chiclet wrote:

I would haved like to do things at school even though I was shy.  We were poor and my parents believed anything but reading, writing and arithmatic was foolishness.  Get home and cook and clean.  I can spot an ex cheerleader a mile away.

I resent all the comments about cheerleaders. Not just yours, but other ones as well. I worked hard to be a cheerleader, didn't have boobs or the hair as someone else wrote. I didn't date in high school either.  I was also on homecoming court, student government, played clarinet in band, Tri HI Y, Beta Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, and was Miss blank blank High School. I was friends with alot of people, and still am, from all walks of life. I hate being put in a box by others.

@chucky12345It never ceases to amaze me how just because someone was popular in high school that the resentment continues....even more than forty years later. I have seen these kinds of threads before and now don't answer them.

Respected Contributor

Whenever these threads appear I think to myself, in real life I have never had to apologize or feel there is something wrong with me because I loved high school.  My friends and I participated in everything.  We were not spoiled, rich, snobby kids.  A few of my friends' fathers were wealthier but most of us were middle class from the 1950s and 1960s. We didn't consider ourselves better than anyone else. We didn't bully others.

I think it's sad so many disliked a major part of their formative years.