Trusted Contributor

SO SAD: The End of the Show PARENTHOOD

I feel so sad that the show Parenthood is over. Does anyone else feel that way?

I'll have to watch the very ending again to understand the futures of each family member that were quickly showed -- new babies etc. Did you get the vignettes as quickly as they came and went at the end the last episode?

-Solar

Honored Contributor

Re: SO SAD: The End of the Show PARENTHOOD

It was done so well. Almost matches the ending of "Six Feet Under." And not to dwell on seeing Zeek die or witnessing the funeral and all of that was genius! A wonderful series that went out quietly just as it came in, leaving those of us avid fans very satisfied.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Yikes! I've never watched the show. I have begun watching it on Netflix. I'm on the first season. I don't know if I can take much more of this! Wow, the drama! It seems like a glorified "Thirtysomething"!! The music is even the same! I, personally, don't know how this show lasted so long. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

"Pure Michigan"
Super Contributor

Very sad. Such a good show. It's too bad it didn't find a strong audience. Moving it around didn't help. I will miss it.
Regular Contributor

Yes, I will miss it as well. Liked all the characters.

Honored Contributor

On 1/30/2015 dobiesrule said: Very sad. Such a good show. It's too bad it didn't find a strong audience. Moving it around didn't help. I will miss it.

Six seasons . . . it did fine.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

I watched the show when it began and enjoyed it. (great cast) Over the years it moved all over the place and I'd miss episodes. After seeing previews this season I considered trying to catch up.

I've read about the finale. I glad I didn't watch as I know I'd be sobbing terribly.

I would have enjoyed seeing Scott Porter, as he was one of my favorites from Friday Night Lights.

Super Contributor

I just finished watching the finale and I am a blubbering mess!!!

I am so sad, I LOVED this show. After every episode was over, I was sad and wanted it to continue!

NBC did a fantastic job and I loved how they looked to the future!

Respected Contributor

With all due respect, it's only a tv show. Why such an extreme emotion as "sad"?

Respected Contributor

On 1/30/2015 VCamp2748 said:

With all due respect, it's only a tv show. Why such an extreme emotion as "sad"?

I loved the show and identified with the matriarch of the family. I guess a lot of us who have been married for many happy years seeing her lose her husband spoke to the fact that time moves on. It could happen to any of us. I also enjoyed how close their family was and were there for each other. It was a beautifully written drama and their final show was well done...Life goes on..