Esteemed Contributor

Still snowing heavily in RI, we have around 10 inches and are forecasted for at least a foot.  It's quite windy and cold, it's just an old fashioned blizzard which I am loving (as long as we don't lose the power).   It's a great time for it as it will help put everyone in the Christmas mood Smiley Happy  Be safe out there.

Esteemed Contributor

@JasoninBoston wrote:

6.5  inches so far in downtown Boston!

I am super grateful to live in building connected indoors to a shopping mall and with a grocery store and Starbucks!!

From out the widows it's still coming down quite hard and don't think I will be going outside at all for at least today and I am even more thankful that I don't have to shovel. 

HeartHeartHeart

@JasoninBoston, in Millbury near Pike - I went out at 7:30 tried to do little shoveling.  Snow was whirling around and in places already up to my knees!!!!  Wish I had an indoor mini mall - I NEED more coffee!!!!  Stay inside. stay warm. my friend.....

Trusted Contributor

Re: SNOWMEGGEDON

[ Edited ]

I'm in Western NY. Where I am, we only got a couple of inches. Apparently the snow belt areas south of the city got more. This was hardly a "snowmaggedon". In November of 2014, or as we here call it, "Snowvember", some areas got up to 8 FEET of snow in 24 hours. Now THAT was one for the record books!

Honored Contributor

Southwestern corner of NJ here and we got maybe an inch of snow then freezing rain/sleet/rain. A bit of a frozen mess this morning, but should get above freezing during the day and most of this will be gone by tomorrow. The original forecast back on Monday had us in the foot to eighteen inches of snow range, but we didn't get nearly that.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@Buffalogal47 wrote:

I'm in Western NY. Where I am, we only got a couple of inches. Apparently the snow belt areas south of the city got more. This was hardly a "snowmaggedon". In November of 2014, or as we here call it, "Snowvember", some areas got up to 8 FEET of snow in 24 hours. Now THAT was one for the record books!

Just heard on local news Bighamton NY already got 41"!!!! and, declared a snow emergency!

Glad it seems to have bypassed you this time - 8 ft is a record!

Esteemed Contributor

We are socked in.  DD went out at 7 and started shoveling,  She said we have at least 18 inches. When I finish my coffee I will go out, trying not to go azz over tincups, and see how much is officially there.

She shovled a path to the driveway and had to go upstairs to work. Next is digging the cars out.

Yikes, just heard a roar and a ton of snow just slid off the roof.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I'm in New Jersey and a news conference will be held soon on News 12 New Jersey.   We got a lot of snow here - just don't know how much.   Ugh.  Woman IndifferentWoman Mad

Trusted Contributor

@eddyandme , oh no!!!! Forty one inches of snow!!!!!   Yuck!

Trusted Contributor

Oh, forgot to add that it is STILL snowing here in northern New Jersey.  Help, lol!

Respected Contributor

In W. MA here.  Close to 12" & still coming down.  Was very windy last night but seems to be calmer now.  Storm was predicted we could get up to 18" & stop at 1pm.  We shall see if Mother Nature agrees with the prediction.