Trusted Contributor

Re: SLATKIN CANDLES VS. BATH & BODY WORKS CANDLES

@Pearlee wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

@catlover wrote:

I vote for BBW and this is why.............

with a sale and a coupon, 3 wick candles come out to approx. $10

They smell wonderful and have a good throw.

If you don't like the smell, you return for another candle-no questions asked.

Slatkin candles are not as strong and they cost a lot more.

I agree that the BBW are a better deal, but keep in mind that the retail value of the BBW is now up to $24.50 and those candles are 14.5 ounces each.  After tax and shipping, a set of 2 Slatkin candles are about the same price but they are 18 ounces each.  So yes, if you have coupons and are a smart shopper, then the BBW candles are a better buy, but at face value, the Slatkin candles are actually a better deal.  

But the point of the first post is that you needn't pay $24.50 for a single candle.  There are always good sales and coupons out.  This weekend's is $10 off $30, so if you buy a candle even at retail price and something else in the store for $5.50, you get $10 off.

As the OP stated, I usually pay around $10 for a BBW 3-wick and have paid as low as $6.00 for one when they are on sale for $8.00 each and then I have percentage off coupons too.

@Pearlee Yes, you can buy 1 BBW candle that is smaller and burns for less than half the time of 1 Slatkin candle if you have a coupon and force yourself to spend another $5.50 for something you may not want.  

Honored Contributor

@TenderMercies wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

@catlover wrote:

I agree that the BBW are a better deal, but keep in mind that the retail value of the BBW is now up to $24.50 and those candles are 14.5 ounces each.  After tax and shipping, a set of 2 Slatkin candles are about the same price but they are 18 ounces each.  So yes, if you have coupons and are a smart shopper, then the BBW candles are a better buy, but at face value, the Slatkin candles are actually a better deal.  

But the point of the first post is that you needn't pay $24.50 for a single candle.  There are always good sales and coupons out.  This weekend's is $10 off $30, so if you buy a candle even at retail price and something else in the store for $5.50, you get $10 off.

As the OP stated, I usually pay around $10 for a BBW 3-wick and have paid as low as $6.00 for one when they are on sale for $8.00 each and then I have percentage off coupons too.

@Pearlee Yes, you can buy 1 BBW candle that is smaller and burns for less than half the time of 1 Slatkin candle if you have a coupon and force yourself to spend another $5.50 for something you may not want.  

ROTFL  - I never have to "force myself" to buy BBW candles.  I love 'em.  I don't even know what ever gave you that idea to say that. Nothing in my post would have.

Yesterday I was at BBW.  The 3-wicks were Buy Two Get Two Free.  They were $22.50 each and there was $10 off $30.00 or I had a 20% offf coupon also.   You do the math - they are much cheaper than Slatkin's and, from what I've read on Youtube reviews of Slatkins, some BBW in similarly-named scents are not very much different.

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

@catlover wrote:

ROTFL  - I never have to "force myself" to buy BBW candles.  I love 'em.  I don't even know what ever gave you that idea to say that. Nothing in my post would have.

Yesterday I was at BBW.  The 3-wicks were Buy Two Get Two Free.  They were $22.50 each and there was $10 off $30.00 or I had a 20% offf coupon also.   You do the math - they are much cheaper than Slatkin's and, from what I've read on Youtube reviews of Slatkins, some BBW in similarly-named scents are not very much different.

You mentioned nothing about the buying two and getting two free deal in your earlier response.  Yes, THAT is a better deal than the Slatkin candles.  However, you were asserting how you could buy one $24.50 candle as well as some other item to reach $30 to take advantage of a $10 off $30 coupon and how THAT is a better deal than the Slatkin candles, and it is NOT. It’s right there in black and white.  All of us can simply look up and read what you wrote.  Also, you can only stack coupons at BBW on Black Friday, so you did not use a 20% off coupon as well as a $10 off $30 coupon yesterday.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TenderMercies wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

@catlover wrote:

You mentioned nothing about the buying two and getting two free deal in your earlier response.  Yes, THAT is a better deal than the Slatkin candles.  However, you were asserting how you could buy one $24.50 candle as well as some other item to reach $30 to take advantage of a $10 off $30 coupon and how THAT is a better deal than the Slatkin candles, and it is NOT. It’s right there in black and white.  All of us can simply look up and read what you wrote.  Also, you can only stack coupons at BBW on Black Friday, so you did not use a 20% off coupon as well as a $10 off $30 coupon yesterday.  

@TenderMercies  Oh, my goodness you are misreading my posts.   I never said I used both coupons.  In fact, I didn't buy any candles at all at BBW because I didn't need any.  I said I also had a 20% off coupon (meaning if I'd wanted the candles I would have chosen whichever of the two deals was better - the 20% off or the $10 off $30).  And no, I didn't mention the deal in my earlier post (buy 2 get 2 free) because I di  My first post was merely making observations in general about BBW vs. Slatkin.   I will not be responding to you on this subject again, due to your your misinterpretations of my posts being so erroneous. 

You go ahead and buy your Slatkin candles if those are what you want, and I'll continue to buy BBW candles which I've always liked - even after the Slatkin days - and feel are a much better value.  To each her own.

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

@catlover wrote:

@TenderMercies  Oh, my goodness you are misreading my posts.   I never said I used both coupons.  In fact, I didn't buy any candles at all at BBW because I didn't need any.  I said I also had a 20% off coupon (meaning if I'd wanted the candles I would have chosen whichever of the two deals was better - the 20% off or the $10 off $30).  And no, I didn't mention the deal in my earlier post (buy 2 get 2 free) because I di  My first post was merely making observations in general about BBW vs. Slatkin.   I will not be responding to you on this subject again, due to your your misinterpretations of my posts being so erroneous. 

You go ahead and buy your Slatkin candles if those are what you want, and I'll continue to buy BBW candles which I've always liked - even after the Slatkin days - and feel are a much better value.  To each her own.

Actually I prefer the BBW to the Slatkin ones.  I was just pointing out that the Slatkin ones are a better deal when you do the math and take into account the size of each of the candles and their burn time.  

The only reason we are having this discussion is because you gave one example of how you believed that purchasing the BBW candles in a specific way yielded a better deal, and when I pointed out that your math was wrong, you basically claimed to never have said what you said.  Even if I take into account your second suggestion that you could get 4 BBW candles for $39 during the buy 2 get 2 sale with a $10 off coupon, you're still getting a better deal with just buying two of the Slatkin 3-wick candles.  I paid $39.18 for my 2 Slatkin candles, which is basically what you'd pay today at BBW for 4 candles with a coupon.  The Slatkin candles each get a minimum of 55 hours burn time which yields 110 hours of burn time for both. The BBW candles each get a minimum of 25 hours burn time which yields only 100 hours for 4 of them.  At the end of the day, whichever method you claim to use to purchase your BBW candles, you're still getting more bang for your buck with the Slatkin ones.  

So yes, to each her own when it comes to personal preference and quality, but I was talking about the better deal.  Your first post in this thread included the sentence: "Slatkin candles are not as strong and they cost a lot more."  The first part of your statement is an opinion you certainly have a right to, but the second part is factually incorrect.  

Honored Contributor

@TenderMercies wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

@catlover wrote:

Actually I prefer the BBW to the Slatkin ones.  I was just pointing out that the Slatkin ones are a better deal when you do the math and take into account the size of each of the candles and their burn time.  

The only reason we are having this discussion is because you gave one example of how you believed that purchasing the BBW candles in a specific way yielded a better deal, and when I pointed out that your math was wrong, you basically claimed to never have said what you said.  Even if I take into account your second suggestion that you could get 4 BBW candles for $39 during the buy 2 get 2 sale with a $10 off coupon, you're still getting a better deal with just buying two of the Slatkin 3-wick candles.  I paid $39.18 for my 2 Slatkin candles, which is basically what you'd pay today at BBW for 4 candles with a coupon.  The Slatkin candles each get a minimum of 55 hours burn time which yields 110 hours of burn time for both. The BBW candles each get a minimum of 25 hours burn time which yields only 100 hours for 4 of them.  At the end of the day, whichever method you claim to use to purchase your BBW candles, you're still getting more bang for your buck with the Slatkin ones.  

So yes, to each her own when it comes to personal preference and quality, but I was talking about the better deal.  Your first post in this thread included the sentence: "Slatkin candles are not as strong and they cost a lot more."  The first part of your statement is an opinion you certainly have a right to, but the second part is factually incorrect.  

@TenderMerciesWell I can't let this go by.  Please quote my post where I posted that.  I don't ever recall writing "Slatkin candles are not as strong."  Since you are posting that I stated that, please do show me where that is written in my first post on this thread..