Honored Contributor

Re: SIX YEARS OLD WEARING A GOLD AND DIAMOND NOSE RING

@Cakers3 wrote:

They are all dressed nicely.

I expected to see a big honker of a nose ring.  It's also fake.

When was the last time some of you went to church??  Because last time I attended it was about prayer, not what my neighbor was wearing.

It's not your child so what is the big deal???  Who is to say that these children are "doomed"???

Such perfect parents around here who dress in such good looks themselves.

^ yes. 

Respected Contributor

@MorningLover wrote:

She's a cute little girl but I don't care for the nose ring. What is the meaning of wearing a nose ring? Not sure...

North West was all smiles while she joined Kanye West and Kim Kardashian West as they attended Joel Osteen’s service at Lakewood Church on Nov. 17. Though North’s smile was as bright as the morning sun, eyes were drawn to the sparkle coming off the bling hanging right above her lip. 

I can't believe Kim can walk without tripping in those way too long pants. Not to mention the dirt from the ground she picks up.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Suziepeach wrote:

Because someone starts a thread and a conversation with opinions follows, that's deemed "judge"?  To me that's someone judging the other posters..

@Suziepeach   Start a conversation, fine.  Yet it was started not out of curiosity but out of dislike for the people involved.

I'm sure this is not the only nose ring ever seen in a church.

Stating that these children are "doomed" and going off the rails about Kim's outfit just becomes another bash fest against them

Discussing nose rings is one thing.   Faux outrage because it was worn to church is almost laughable.

I don't care what a person wears or pierces or tats or what color their hair is.  They are attending a service and honestly the Universe loves them all.

It's what is in the heart, not in the nose.

*spelling edit*

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Suziepeach wrote:

Because someone starts a thread and a conversation with opinions follows, that's deemed "judge"?  To me that's someone judging the other posters..

@Suziepeach   Start a conversation, fine.  Yet it was started not out of curiostiy but out of dislike for the people involved.

I'm sure this is not the only nose ring every seen in a church.

Stating that these children are "doomed" and going off the rails about Kim's outfit just becomes another bash fest against them

Discussing nose rings is one thing.   Faux outrage because it was worn to church is almost laughable.

I don't care what a person wears or pierces or tats or what color their hair is.  They are attending a service and honestly the Universe loves them all.

It's what is in the heart, not in the nose.

@Cakers3 thank you.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There was a family with young boys who went to school with my youngest (now 13) who, back in in kindergarten, had piercings. Now, showing my ignorance, I can't tell you where they were from but the term "the islands" would be what most would think. It is part of the culture, the boys go through a ceremony and it ties in to their religion. That said, many parents were concerned and someone called CPS the first day the boys (all brothers) arrived at school. I have piercings beyond my ears and no piercer I know (and I know quite a few)  will pierce ANY body part other than an earlobe on a minor. Yes, you can find anyone to do anything but it doesn't mean they should be doing that piercing on a child. In the end, the parents of these boys showed they were not being abusive and the case was closed. Who am I to judge what is the norm in another persons' culture when it comes to this however, I believe the child should-when an adult- make the choice when it comes to anything involving their body regarding body art (and laws pretty much support this as well).

On a personal note, I HATE this type of piercing; it makes me think of cattle every time I see it. A fake piercing is akin to a fake tattoo on a kid; they think it's fun. To actually pierce them there at 6: major side eye from me. 

Honored Contributor

Again-start a conversation about the nose ring, fine.

Like, dislike, neutral.  Opinion.

The nose ring does not determine that the child is doomed.

The nose ring does not have anything to do with Kim's outfit.

It is not illegal to wear a nose ring to church;  nor does it diminish the spiritual lesson that hopefully is being learned.

The thread went off the rail once it became about bad parents and bad taste in clothes.

Respected Contributor

She has make-up on in this pic!

Her parents are trash! Sorry, but they are. 

This poor kid has a narcissistic insane father and a plastic surgery,attention-seeking nightmare mother. I wish her luck!

Trusted Contributor

I can only imagine my Mother's reaction. Gonna show my age ...... I was in my early teens and remember asking my Mother about shaving my legs. You would have thought I had asked for a pot of gold or something.

Today's kids go to Starbucks or McDonald's for their caffeine drink. My Mother always told us we had to wait until we were 18.

Generations change. Parents become less strict. The earrings, dying their hair, etc. just a new generation. Acceptable? Maybe not to me but then some things my generation did wasn't acceptable to my Mother either. Of course that was a time when you disciplined and to avoid that you never crossed the line.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkerbell3 wrote:

She has make-up on in this pic!

Her parents are trash! Sorry, but they are. 

This poor kid has a narcissistic insane father and a plastic surgery,attention-seeking nightmare mother. I wish her luck!

@Tinkerbell3  I'm sure the Universe is saving a front row seat just for you for being an shining example of what everyone else should be here on earth.

smh

Esteemed Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

why do you care

@jackthebear IT’S CALLED OPINION. 

(Oh...are my caps locked?)

Keepin' it real.