Honored Contributor

Re: SINCE WHEN ARE DARK ROOTS ATTRACTIVE?

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@phoenixbrd wrote:

that looks more like highlights than a definite dark root line...

@Bhvbum wrote:

Princess Diana did this often, this was 25 years ago. 

3AABD610-2B84-4776-87E3-BC0F904993CC.jpeg

Agree @phoenixbrd .  She was not purposely trying to have dark roots and blonde hair.  This look is from her highlights.  Can you imagine her back then doing the dark roots on purpose?   I don't think so.

@San Antonio Gal Yes and another thing is that when you have blonde hair it is really dependent upon the lighting what color your hair looks. I have seen myself in photos where dependent upon where I am standing, my hair reflects the light differently. I can look platinum in some photos and light blonde to champagne in others.

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@phoenixbrd wrote:

that looks more like highlights than a definite dark root line...

Agree @phoenixbrd .  She was not purposely trying to have dark roots and blonde hair.  This look is from her highlights.  Can you imagine her back then doing the dark roots on purpose?   I don't think so.

It appears that's exactly what she did:

045816A0-15E0-4208-A801-990B94C74DA6.jpeg

Regular Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

This look has been trending for several years now. 

The last time I was at the salon the client next to me was having her light gray hair (the beautiful gray hair that we all might aspire to someday) highlighted. She also had charcoal roots done. It was stunning and adds so much dimension to hair that might otherwise read all one color.

@magicmoodz My hair was that color combination for many years and it was beautiful.  I got a lot of compliments on it.  It does give depth to blonde hair if you have a talented person who can make it look soft and natural.  

I can say that it can be expensive, but I'd go back in a heartbeat. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SoonerLater wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

The last time I was at the salon the client next to me was having her light gray hair (the beautiful gray hair that we all might aspire to someday) highlighted. She also had charcoal roots done. It was stunning and adds so much dimension to hair that might otherwise read all one color.

@magicmoodz My hair was that color combination for many years and it was beautiful.  I got a lot of compliments on it.  It does give depth to blonde hair if you have a talented person who can make it look soft and natural.  

@SoonerLater 

I am sure your hair was beautiful--I am envious!

Super Contributor

@SoonerLater wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

I get this done to my hair; blonde highlights with root color for depth.  I get a lot of compliments and it is not drastic looking.  It adds contrast instead of one flat color.

Honored Contributor

I like it and I also like dark brown roots with lighter brown hair or red hair.  I think a lot depends on the hair style too.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

its paris hilton......she always looks good and knows how to work a look......or many looks.

https://pagesix.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2021/11/paris-hilton-four-dresses.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=618&h=410&crop=1

photo via page six, wedding gown and three other looks from her extravaganza.

https://pagesix.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2021/11/paris-hilton-wedding-dresses524_.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=683

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Regular Contributor

@magicmoodz I loved my hair!  The only time I've really loved it since I was in my 20's and I guess "them days is gone" now forever!  Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

That looks like quite a few dress changes.  I wonder if ahe got a chance to speak to any of her guests or be with her new husband.