Honored Contributor

Re: SINCE WHEN ARE DARK ROOTS ATTRACTIVE?

She looks like Madonna minus the cone bra from the '80's. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

This look has been trending for several years now. 

The last time I was at the salon the client next to me was having her light gray hair (the beautiful gray hair that we all might aspire to someday) highlighted. She also had charcoal roots done. It was stunning and adds so much dimension to hair that might otherwise read all one color.

@magicmoodz 

LOL ... potato, potahto ...

I never saw this as a "look that was trending".   I always saw this as sloppy grooming and poor upkeep.  

Honored Contributor

Dark roots = low maintenance.

Valued Contributor

I have looked at several pictures now, looks like she had several gown changes throughout the big day.  She looks gorgeous and this is on trend with current styles.  I think she had her hair just the way she wanted it.  

libby's folly
Honored Contributor

@Iwantcoffee 

Yes, she is pretty   I was referring to the wedding photo in post #1.  

Honored Contributor

I did not see many pictures of the wedding guests but Paula Abdul should have rethought her attire. Ugggg

Paula Abdul rocked a wine-hued ruffled jumpsuit that she paired with gold jewelry.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't dislike the look when done properly.  When I was heavily highlighting my hair, she did what is called a shadow root meaning my roots were left darker and it helped the root regrowth not be so obvious.    

When I changed to not getting so many highlights, she didn't highlight all the way underneath and because I had darkness, if I wore my hair up, it almost looked like 2 different heads of hair.

Now I get a very deep mahogany base color and blonde highlights more sporadically so if I wear my hair pulled back, it's dark but there is some blonde in areas from my chunks of highlights.   

I personally am not a fan of full on blonde color.  It looks too flat and blah to me and the smallest regrowth is going to stick out like a sore thumb.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Princess Diana did this often, this was 25 years ago. 

3AABD610-2B84-4776-87E3-BC0F904993CC.jpeg

Respected Contributor

A64FDDEB-7C7E-4240-9465-8CF43312F56E.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

You can always try and hide your dark roots with a $$-multi-thousand-$$ diamond bracelet on your part. That might help distract away the attention from your lack of getting to your colorist in time for any big events you might have coming up.

Charlize Theron's Hair Jewellery at the 2020 SAG Awards | The Best and Most  Creative Celebrity Hairstyles of 2020 So Far | POPSUGAR Beauty Photo 7

Haha!  This one made me laugh out loud! Smiley Happy