Honored Contributor

Snapshot in time--  characteristically kinetic shot of Frank "directing traffic" on this day in 1957:

Screen Shot 2022-11-01 at 8.21.09 AM.png

But performing, a different story.  The nerves were there, giving that kick and energy to everything he did, but 'backpaged'.   What mostly showed when he sang was the ease, and the effortless creation of mood, making it look simple and laidback, when it wasn't.  Musical magic.

1957, the same year he did that fabulous duet with irreplaceable Peggy Lee,  "Nice Work if You Can Get It".

Good excuse to run it :

Screen Shot 2022-11-01 at 8.12.46 AM.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB1MxIZrmCk

So relaxing to watch-- the interplay between two legends, priceless.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SINATRA -- NOVEMBER 1, 1957

@Oznell - Great video!  My parents were huge fans of Sinatra and we watched all those good old variety shows.  Because of that I became a fan of Sinatra.  I saw him in concert in Carnegie Hall in the 1980's.  Even though he was much older, still put on a great show. No one like him.

Thanks for sharing.

Honored Contributor

Peggy Lee | Great american songbook, Actresses, Blues music

Is That All There Is?

So fabulous. Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Frank Sinatra at 100: His Timing Was Better Than You Thought | Time

It Was a Very Good Year

Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Valued Contributor

@just bee That was my mother's favorite song.

Honored Contributor

@Chopsmom wrote:

@just bee That was my mother's favorite song.

@Chopsmom 

And it's a great one.

It was released when I was only six years old but, when I heard it, it made an impression.

Valued Contributor

@just bee It's funny how songs do that to us.  There are certain songs that if I hear them today, takes me back right back to when I heard them originally.

Trusted Contributor

Ole Blue Eyes is BACK, honey!

I love Frank Sinatra....have you seen Young at Heart, with Doris Day?

Good movie.

My daughter had a crush on him after watching that. LOL

Not to hi-jack your thread, but for those of us who appreciate, this is pure pleasure to listen to:

Perry Como with Connie Francis (I love Perry Como, too)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaK6owjzZv0

Honored Contributor

@Chopsmom wrote:

@just bee It's funny how songs do that to us.  There are certain songs that if I hear them today, takes me back right back to when I heard them originally.

@Chopsmom 

Absolutely! Heart

I'm 63 and a product of the British Invasion.  But I was fortunate to have access to all types of music and now I can appreciate a real variety.

In high school I'd find excuses to linger in the living room when my parents played their Time Life Swing collection.

I still listen to music of that era.  I like to imagine my mother hearing Glenn Miller for the first time.

Glenn Miller | Jazz on the Tube

Valued Contributor

@just bee Oh yes! My parents adored Glen Miller and jitterbugging to In In the Mood.  

I'm 57, and I guess I was in my 20s when I really grew to appreciate that era of music.  I like my movies from that time period too!